No, that's not phonetic

Shout out to my Homey, Bikerx40

I had just done Pritchett Canyon to Hunter Canyon with Barny, and decided to go up Amasa Back and down the "secret" *cough* singletrack to add a few miles. Barny declined. I was grunting up the ledges on Amasa and was about to pass some folks going down when one said, "hey, Philip." By crazy coincidence that was my name, and even weirder, they were addressing me. It was Bikerx40 and his SO. He recognized me by The Blue Flamer. See, tacky disco stickers are handy after all.

BikerX, you should have posted up sooner and we could have done a ride together! Next time. Good to meet you and hope you had a safe drive home. Let me know how the Push upgrade turns out.

Spontaneous mtbr-dork-Turner-rider gatherings in Moab!

tscheezy
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr platinum member
    Hey there Tscheezy!

Just returned back home today from our super-short trip down to Moab. It was excellent running into you on Amasa Back. It's always great putting a name/handle with an actual person!

I knew that you and Barny had been in Moab for a week or so, but I wasn't too sure how long you were planning on staying in Moab. Had we been able to stay a day or two longer, I would have tried to arrange a group ride or something!

Anyway, when I explained to my wife that you and Barny were spending about 2 months (?) traveling around in the RV and mountain biking, we spent the next half hour trying to figure out a way to ditch out on work for a few more days

When we arrived back at the Amasa parking lot, she immediately recognized Barny's black XCE as a 'miniature' version of my bike. I felt proud, knowing that my wife can now recognize the fine craftsmanship of a Turner bicycle at a distance.

By the way, how was that singletrack?

-Ryan
    Last edited by bikerx40; 03-15-2004 at 04:53 PM.
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

mtbr member

New question here.

uh...no offensse, but ever hear of email?

No, that's not phonetic
    The singletrack was a kick in the pants. Definitely worth a trip down next time you are there. If you want other trail suggestions, give me a shout. We rode them all. We are in Fruita now and have logged some miles on just about all the stuff here too. Fun times.

See ya,
    tscheezy
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.