Crazed Country Rebel

Short Review - Rocco TST Air on RFX (Accidental X Post!)

I ordered my RFX with the Marz shock so I wouldn't have to deal with Propedal.

All in all the Marzocchi's a good shock, if you like real active suspension. Great small bump absorbtion. Great big hit ramp up. The shock has adjustable internal floating piston pressure so you can tune ramp up/bottom out.

Also the shock has a big can. I'm sure we can all agree, large cans are good.

This means I run low pressure - about 85% of body weight.

Having no Propedal means this shock bobs a little more when pedaling. But it also means great traction on technical climbs.

The TST really doesn't do much for me - as it doesn't do much to mitigate bob, but affects the middle stroke - so I either run the shock full open or full closed (locked out) for long fire road climbs.

The piggy back has 1/8" clearance at bottom out. It doesn't interfere with the H2O bottle.

I would recomend it as an option to those of you looking for something else.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Thanks for the review. What is it replacing? The RP23? Have you tried a DHX-Air, and if so how does the Roco compare?

If it really doesn't do much in the way of platform damping unless fully locked out then I wonder if I should just get the WC.

On the Roco TST Coil that I used for about a year and half on my 6.6 the TST seemed to have a pretty noticeable effect. I'd keep it in the middle (partial or light platform) for most typical trail stuff and techy, rocky climbing and it seemed to control bob quite well yet remain quite plush and active. I opened it up for the downs then it go impressivel acitve, deep, and plush. I only used the full platform on long smooth fireroad climbs.

Thanks.