Thread: Shock spec

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Shock spec

Hi.

Im planning to upgrade my current rp23 on my spot to a monarch plus rc3 or dhx5. Question is what specific config should i look for as i have read in the manual that in order for the dw link to perform to its fullest, it has to have a low tuned compression?

Thanks in advance

Brake. Fix. Repeat.
    May 2009
    I think you want the low/low tune, but call turner to make sure. And make sure to post about it, thinking of making the switch as well, getting tired of constantly bottoming out the bike

mtbr member
    LGavin,
    You want a shock with low compression and medium rebound. I've found that configuration hard to find in the 7.5x2.0” size of RS models.

If you are looking to upgrade you might want to consider the Cane Creek DB air. It's about $100 more, but it you buy from Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek Double Barrel Air Rear Shock
    and use the "VIP15" coupon code it brings down the price to the dhx5.
    One drawback you need to feel comfortable tuning the CCDB air...but plenty of us 5Spot owners have them now and you can always call Cane Creek for a suggested “base tune”. They have always picked up the phone and have been happy to entertain my questions.

By the way I have a PUSH'ed monarch plus rc3 as a back-up...it is great but it is nowhere near as supple/small bump complaint.

Sorry for rambling, best to you on your search.

Cheers,
    "I Like the Cut of His Jib"