Bike Junkie

New question here. Shock Mounting Issue

Hey guys, I recently received a crash replacement front triangle for my Flux. While I had the frame apart I thought it was a good enough time to send my RP3 out to the fellas at PUSH for some TLC.

I had some issues trying to get the shock re-installed and would like your opinion.

When re-installing my newly PUSH'd RP3 on the newly installed front triangle I had a hell of a time. If I bolted either end down (top or bottom) there would be almost a 1mm difference in the alignment at the other end such that the eyelet on the opposite side wasn't straight, I tried for quite some time in different combinations to get them to line up.

If using the lower frame mount when I bolt that through it's ok. There is a slight gap where the reducers are that give it a little play, until I cinched down on the nut. On the other end is where the rockers join the reducers, it took a moderate amount of hand force to pry open the rockers to get the shock mount inside, not to say it was difficult. Lining up the bolt to go through was difficult on the other hand . I could see the shadow of about 1mm of the bolt hole of the rocker on the other side preventing me from an easy threading of the bolt. This was different than when I removed it.

My only concern is misalignment which will lead to a shearing off of the bolt, or would you think that it will re-align slightly under load?

Eventually I got it pretty close and just started to screw the bolt through to get past the lip of rocker and bolted it on. Feels to me that something is twisted.

Has anyone else had experience with this? I've already emailed PUSH and the folks at Turner about this already; but most likely someone here has had a similar experience.
    See You On The Trails!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    check yer pm's.
    No, I'm NOT back!

No, that's not phonetic
    Something is definitely screwy. The tolerances are very precise and if you got the wrong size reducers by even 0.2mm, things get tough.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Bike Junkie

All is Well

I'm in a comfort zone now that I got a very immediate response from Turner. The 1mm is still within spec; but it may have been how I was mounting it all up. I should have left the main pivots loose and then got the shock in there first and tightened it down. then torque to spec (17 ft/lbs) on the upper main pivot. Following this on my virgin triangle it shouldn't be required again.
    See You On The Trails!