Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    trail fairy

Second Shake Down ride for RFX

Ok before ya hammer me it wasn't my camera I wasn't shooting as ya can tell as Im in most of these photos

the ride ended up being about 30km dam I was knackered afterwards, going big and riding this baby that far makes for a dam good workout, but these boys wanted to check out some trails they haven't ridden before not my usual ride team the rest of the horseman were off there steeds this weekend, slackers

This is only my second ride and Ive made little or no adjustments but we hit the trails with some major testosterne flowing from the camel backs not really my style but these boys had been rarking it up all week about what they were gonna do, not that you will see much these boys normally stay put and shoot film all day, theres goes my photo album, we hardly got any footage

Well we did a warm up loop with some 1-3x jumps and drops just to remind me how the RFX felt and get used to these flat pedal things still not convinced comfy yes, I still think I'll get some Oakley radars or whatever Im still bouncing off in rutty corners and can't get the hammer down as fast as I'd like when I need it.

Still they are fun, and thats with 510s on, well the fork is still stiff as hell but better theres some movement now and is starting to match the rear which is still blowing me away (CCDB) it feels too plush, but pedal and youre off, drop, jump no bottoming just soaks it up sooo smoothly, hit a root what root no spiking no bouncing this has made a non HL non TNT not that theres a difference anyway but the rear combined with the stiffness is incredible.

Well I took the boys up to the first downhill with a gap at the bottom and we all caned it, I can hit this in total confidence now, then into a section of downhill jumps which have always been sketchy for me at best, and I just nailed em all hit the gap at the bottom and even did a bar twist for kicks yeahaa these bars and stem kick ass

so then its off to a section the lads hadn't been to but had heard of so we headed on up to Iron Horse, the horseman nail this trail all the time but it was new for these boys and by this time we had been out for a couple of hours, so were were feeling the pump and they were enjoying some new scenery, no tui's on this ride though bummer, so we sucked some of nzs finest water, drained the sweat outta our zens and full face helmets and put the pedal down yeahhaa whoa betty the the RFX pumps these jumps Ive never hit em so hard smiles all the way down hit the big gap at the bottom and waited for the others to haul in, big H was next and coming towards the gap unsure so a ta rebel yell to pedal harder was given and big H cleared the gap but nearly filled something else all good Fras was more in control and thought he'd check it out first, good call man

So up to the nitrate big h was throwing down the bravado so time to see what he was made of, whoa thats like 20ft out 10ft down and no tranny, well we all pulled the pin on that one and headed up the trail backwards to show them the lay of the land this is not a trail to hit blind, up over the big gap downhill tree jump you jump a gap over a fallen tree dh landing, I tried a few run ins but was washing out slightly in the corner before the ramp which lined me up at a tree so I thought better of it this week, since its only my seond ride on her, pssuy I know CF would have nailed it next time

next ramp is a big gap with short run in the boys were like this is worse not better, so I said bugger this enough talkin lets do it so up the trail I went put her in a gear i think i can get enough speed for the gap and its hammer time oh **** no backing now but my girl looked after me the RFX just soaks it all up, so time to nail her one more time once is never enough for ta, I took big H up the trail to lead him in and do it again, we both nailed it, yeahhaaa actually i was surprisd big H went for it, awesome dude

The goal for the day was to knock off big mumma in style this is waht we had trained for all day so we set off got there checking out the zone.
    This jump is a mind$%^^$%^ k for most as its 3/4 ways up a steep hill with a big gap and what looks like a nasty ramp 2, lead in is 2x jumps before hand which give you plenty of speed which is the problem its easy to over jump the landing which beomes a massive jump downhill into the braking bumps and crud so ya have to judge ya speed well to get a nice landing, well I nailed it twice, and big H nearly nailed himself with a sketchy front wheel landing, second time around I said common H lets do it again nah Im a bit tired was his reply butterflies were still flying, still it was a good effort and took some nuts, now that demon has been conquered abnd all down to the RFX.

We headed home via the fence gap jump and the narly gap jump below and back home the stoke was flowing an Epic ride and everything we wanted to do we nailed it can only get better from here.
    I am looking forward to some more gears though so 36/24 on the front rings is needed, ya don't think about it but on a bigger bike you need bigger gearing up front and a chain guide for sure, you have to pump it so much harder but its worth it.

Enjoy

video 1
    video 2
    Video 3
    vid 3 was a few weeks back from another ride just was cool plus i wasn't aloud to post it back then
    Last edited by trailadvent; 11-11-2006 at 06:35 PM.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    more shots

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

No, that's not phonetic
    And they say kiwis are flightless...
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

trail fairy
    A couple more shots

yeahhaaa
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    great work ta. yer really commin along and this bike will only take ya further. respect!
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Nice Action

So where in Kiwi land was this.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Sweet pics, TA!

Looks like you are really putting the RFX through its paces
    Last edited by crisillo; 11-12-2006 at 03:08 AM.

[Double post, sorry]

[Triple post.. damn.. this quick reply screws things up real good sometimes..]

Nothing here
    I dig that video three. Quite a log!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Sweet pics, TA!

This really sucks what's up, is it spring or summer down there or something? it's not fare you're down there having so much fun when we're up here with howling winds and pouring rain Nic pics, thanks.
    turtle

Lay off the Levers
    Vid 3 is a wild arse stunt. Man that ramp is steep.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Obsessed
    Nice write-up, TA. Looking good. (damn, I'm starting to understand Kiwi)
    [SIZE="5"]
    Confit de canard
    [/SIZE]

Displaying UGI Symptoms
    Trailadvent - You are breaking that sucker in fast - which is completely adverse to the speed at which you built it up. Good vids & pics - looks like fun. Well done!

You got me pumped for my ride today - I am off to hit the trail!
    [SIZE="3"]24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
    - Stephen Wright
    [/SIZE]

trail fairy
    great work ta. yer really commin along and this bike will only take ya further. respect!
    cheers CC appreciate it Im really enjoying this bike Im just a little bummed for the Spot.

Ozigreg So where in Kiwi land was this.
    AK Ozigreg

Woodhill
    Sweet pics, TA!

I dig that video three. Quite a log!
    cheers man the RFX rocks the paces are lots of fun

Was fun watching them setup, good guys and girl that was the first attempt the dude was rocking after that & jumping to manuals on top of that log it was sick

This really sucks what's up, is it spring or summer down there or something? it's not fare you're down there having so much fun when we're up here with howling winds and pouring rain Nic pics, thanks.
    turtle
    Hay turtle its spring (supposedly) going into summer soon, the real bummer is its better there in winter, the trails dry out to much in summer hence why its nicked named the sandpit, thats all good though we have lots of options riverhead is great in summer and when dry and in summer it usually is imo even better

Vid 3 is a wild arse stunt. Man that ramp is steep.
    BZ it was hairy watchin them set that up and doing practice runs in just made that first attempt, you would have nailed that on th BZ machine dude
    Nice write-up, TA. Looking good. (damn, I'm starting to understand Kiwi)
    C Santiago its not soo hard cheers man go the rad

Trailadvent - You are breaking that sucker in fast - which is completely adverse to the speed at which you built it up. Good vids & pics - looks like fun. Well done!

You got me pumped for my ride today - I am off to hit the trail!
    Murph lol, its not hard the devilish babe fits like a glove and is just giving me heaps of confidence, Im wanting to get a little stylie now and whip it up a tad

cheers that pumps me up, its great to feed offa each other thats what this place is about dude feeling the stoke man i want to ride tomorrow now

cheers all

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Team Sanchez
    Great stuff TA! Thanks for the pics!

trail fairy
    El Chingon Great stuff TA! Thanks for the pics!
    Cheers EL your pics do inspire me to go biggergo the sanchez

urgh um except where speedos are concerned sssh
    Last edited by trailadvent; 11-13-2006 at 11:39 AM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    ta on going down on a 5x drop jump this is narly if ya come up short which I did but not by much, dam hard pedalling into this corner drop speed jump still I landed it sweet, next time Im doing it in clips

Momentus came up short the first time too but this is his second attempt a nice blurry speed shot he cleaned the landing this time wicked
    Momentus following in ta

momentus second attempt

Last edited by trailadvent; 11-19-2006 at 10:49 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    ta on going down on a 5x drop jump this is narly if ya come up short which I did but not by much, dam hard pedalling into this corner drop speed jump still I landed it sweet, next time Im doing it in clips

Momentus came up short the first time too but this is his second attempt a nice blurry speed shot he cleaned the landing this time wicked

>>

Nice.. don't know if it's just me, but the 2nd pic is loading correctly...

trail fairy
    cheers crisillo, Im playing with some code and getting image sizes right a little experiment

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

involuntary dismounter
    nothing like a good a$$ shot...that's what i always say...now you just need to borrow El C's 'european swimwear'!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

New to the Nicolai Clan

Good job! Hmmm... that would be scarey

Dharriet, please don't ask him to do that.

Lets stick to the riding pics. Was a great day, not that there is ever a bad one when bikes and mates are involved.

Momentus

involuntary dismounter
    but i hear that european swimwear is comfortable enough even for hiking!

Attachment 212876

isn't it summer over in kiwi land? you boys ought to give it a try! who knows...you may LLIIIIIKKKKEEEE it!

ps...sorry El C...had to be done...even though it's not friday!
    Last edited by dHarriet; 12-01-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Cool-blue Rhythm

Dammit Harriet, why did you have to go and put that image in this thread??? You are becoming a bit of an instigator here arent you? Bad, bad DH....

TA,
    I still have to watch the vids (at work right now) but the pics look like a lot of fun. While I still cant help thinking how sweet your rig would have looked with a white frame, I have to give you big props for the beautiful addition you recently added (posted again below to help others remove the speedo residue from their retinas)

Maybe you can start a new style rule for the Homers with that thing. Helluva lot better lookin that a GD post. So did you put it under the downtube so the SO wouldnt notice or so others could see it while your flyin?

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

involuntary dismounter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    Dammit Harriet, why did you have to go and put that image in this thread??? You are becoming a bit of an instigator here arent you? Bad, bad DH....
    moi? instigator? nnnooooo...
    i'm completely innocent!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast