Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Committed
    Reputation: 1soulrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,610

    Saint brake sets cheap on chain love

    If you need some new brakes, act quickly. $95 an end is a great deal: http://www.chainlove.com/

  2. #2
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,715
    Perfect timing for one of my Whistler riding companions, his Hayes were crapping out yesterday

  3. #3
    Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Reputation: Endomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,418
    Got a set, They may be a bit overkill for my Spot though. They will replace the BB7s ive been running (moving the BB7s to the new BigDummy).

    The levers look the same as the XT and the caliper weigh isnt much different than XT. The reviews of this brake look great.

  4. #4
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    The levers look the same as the XT and the caliper weigh isnt much different than XT. The reviews of this brake look great.
    I run saints on the big bike and xt / xtr's on my trail bike. The levers feel identical.

    EB

  5. #5
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac
    Got a set, They may be a bit overkill for my Spot though. They will replace the BB7s ive been running (moving the BB7s to the new BigDummy).

    The levers look the same as the XT and the caliper weigh isnt much different than XT. The reviews of this brake look great.

    no worries... they are the same brake AFAIK

  6. #6
    Hisforever
    Reputation: SHAHEEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,622
    no more, I just tried and found some swanky casselli wooly looking gear!

  7. #7
    TLL
    TLL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    no more, I just tried and found some swanky casselli wooly looking gear!
    They'll be back, I bet. they seem to cycle through offers every few days.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

  8. #8
    Living the Dream
    Reputation: Alpenglow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,584

    So are these a worthy upgrade over

    Louise FreeRides or Juicy 7s. I put round rotors on the Juicy's so I don't have the pulsation or noise issues. I've seen the saints pop up on Chainlove a couple of times now and have thought about pulling the trigger. Do they modulate well and are they easy to maintain.

    Thanks!
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    Louise FreeRides or Juicy 7s. I put round rotors on the Juicy's so I don't have the pulsation or noise issues. I've seen the saints pop up on Chainlove a couple of times now and have thought about pulling the trigger. Do they modulate well and are they easy to maintain.

    Thanks!
    My buddy has Shimano Saints and had zero reliability issues. I think there quality is far above Avid.

  10. #10
    Hisforever
    Reputation: SHAHEEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,622
    if they pop up again, i'm pulling in. i am a shimano brake fan after trying the 06' saints...

    thanks for the heads up 1SR!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •