Thread: Saddle help

not so super...

New question here. Saddle help

Ok - I took a bad crash yesterday and my Laser V Team DH saddle hit a tree and broke the rail (too much speed through a compression jump to a nose wheelie landing = lots of broken and bruised stuff).

I was looking at the WTB site and the Pure line looks to be a little wider, longer and slightly lighter than the Laser line and was wondering if any of the Homers ride the PURE model?
    Nothing to see here.

Lay off the Levers
    I have both. The pure has a wider flatter tail section. It feels sort of like a spoiler. I did not like the feel as much as the Laser V (ti) and it seemed more difficult to slide off the back. But its a very good saddle. Fit and feel is mighty subjective though.

If you want to demo my pure let me know.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Lookin for that extra can
    May 2004
    Warrning non-UGI option mentioned below... read at your own risk

If you like the LaserV and the saddle is still in good shape, what about calling up WTB and asking if they have a rail replacement option. I was able to do this on both Terry and Serfas saddles for less than $30 and about a 2 week turn-around.

--rip

mtbr member

I rode a friends..

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Ok - I took a bad crash yesterday and my Laser V Team DH saddle hit a tree and broke the rail (too much speed through a compression jump to a nose wheelie landing = lots of broken and bruised stuff).

I was looking at the WTB site and the Pure line looks to be a little wider, longer and slightly lighter than the Laser line and was wondering if any of the Homers ride the PURE model?
    I tried one and didn't like it, but it wasn't the gel. I had a laser 5 gel, and found it more comfortable than the regular pure. I have changed again though to one of the new specialized BG saddles. One of the ones you get sized for. It's really made for the road, and has less padding, but my nether-regions feel much better now. I actually lost footing on a jump, and came down hard on the wtb, and had a lump on my taint for a few weeks. Had me worried. I felt it every time I sat down.The BG tends to put all of the pressure on your sit bones, so you need some shorts that are well padded, but my crotch doesn't get all tingly anymore. I'd recommend one if you've ever noticed this happening.
    later.

on a routine expedition

I've had a Pure V Stealth on my Spot for a little over a year, and I put a Laser V on the Pack. I much prefer the Laser. Like 'Zilla said, the Pure's shape makes it slightly less comfortable to get off the back. I've also found the Laser to be more comfortable in general. But that's my ass, your ass may vary.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    anybody tried the shadow model?

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    ......and had a lump on my taint for a few weeks.
    Not to "poo-poo" (ha ha ha) your injury, but.............lumpy taint?

Pffft. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ................

........sorry.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Over the Hill
    I have broken ti rails on my Laser V twice. Both times WTB replaced it for the price of shipping. I paid one way they paid back. Turn around time once they got it a day or two. After the second broken Ti rail I asked that they use steel rails and they replaced them with steel. No problems excellent service.

mtbr member

Love the Shadow Stealth

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    anybody tried the shadow model?
    Yep, I've got the Shadow Stealth. What I like about it (besides it sub 200gm weight) is that its narrow and not plush.

I like its narrowness on techy descents because the saddle doesn't hit the insides of my legs often, especially on slow, balancey moves that involve a lot of body english or turning. I like its firmness because plush saddles cut off the circulation to my toes and contribute to "numb pecker." People with wide "sitbones" might not like its narrowness.

mtbr member
    SS

I have a Laser V stealth that I only used on a few rides, if you want to try it..
    Last edited by smaxor; 03-13-2006 at 11:39 AM.

banned
    I have a Rocket V, Pure V and Laser V, all in "Stealth" model, and I've spent equal time on all 3.

Pure V feels like a more padded version of the original WTB SST saddle. Same shape, same nose.

mtbr member
    Call Marty at WTB: 415.389.5040 EX -16. There crash replacement is $25 for ti rails including shipping back to you. Sent in a year old Laser V Stealth.

not so super...
    Thanks for offering to lend me your saddles guys but I'd be afraid to take your stuff out on the trail should it meet the same fate as mine .

Thanks for the # MM - I'll try calling WTB today. The saddle cover is in fairly good shape except for a very small hole on the back. $25 is so much better than the $70 for a new one.
    Last edited by SSINGA; 10-04-2005 at 07:04 AM.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member

Don't be sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by eo
    Not to "poo-poo" (ha ha ha) your injury, but.............lumpy taint?

Pffft. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ................

........sorry.

I can laugh too, now that it is healed. I was scared to death that I was going to have to see
    Dr. Goldfinger though. Great relief when the swelling went down.

not so super...
    The saddle goes off to Marty tomorrow.

Thanks again for the info!!
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    The saddle goes off to Marty tomorrow.

Thanks again for the info!!
    Oops! Just got the saddle back home on Friday and it came back to me with Cro-Mo rails.

Just called to see what can be done. Hopefully it won't be another 4 weeks!

t66
    mtbr member
    Oops! Just got the saddle back home on Friday and it came back to me with Cro-Mo rails.

Just called to see what can be done. Hopefully it won't be another 4 weeks!
    I'll bet they're trying to tell you something