Thread: Rubber question

mtbr member

Rubber question

Attn: DHR riders and other DH riders spying the Turner forum

Hi there,

I'm looking for some UST rubber to set on my wheels( pro2 Mavic 823). I'd like the Maxxis DH (F or R) in 2.5 but I can't found these under $50..... (if some of you got a link or an address, I'll take it)

Is there a cheaper alternative?

Some Kenda?

Any input would be very welcome

Elitest thrill junkie
    I saw some deals not too long ago on minions and highrollers, but, sometimes your timing is off and you just can't find the deals. In those situations, PAY for the better rubber. It is worth it, and kendas with knobs ripping off and warped casings will piss you off to no end, even if they were cheaper.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

not so super...
    Send me a PM....I might have something you would be interested in.

mtbr member
    PM sent

Thanks Jayhem for your input too. I already know about the poor continental DH tires and wasting $100 in tires that will last or get naked in 2 month would really turn me crazy. i've always ride on Maxxis (Highroller on my previous RFX, and Minion on a former DH bike) and Michelin as well ( but a bit on the heavy side).