Thread: RP3 Reborn

mtbr member
    May 2004

RP3 Reborn

Since I replaced the Romic on my 5 Spot with an RP3 I've liked the "sportier" feel the shock gives the bike along with the loss of about 1lb weight. With the RP3 the bike handled the big hits just as well however small bump response was disappointing. It felt like the shock had too much slow speed compression damping. As I had the back of the bike in bits to clean and regrease the bushings I decided the time had come to let TF Tuned Shox service the RP3 and install the PUSH mod at the same time. Just had my first ride on the shock and it feels like a completely different shock. The Turner magic carpet ride has returned with everything from pebbles to rocks disappearing under the suspension. The rebound also seems to be more controlled. I'm still not using the propedal/platform settings as the 5 Spot doesn't seem to need it, at least with my riding style. If any of you guys are thinking about getting your RP3 PUSHed stop thinking and do it. If you are UK based Tim Flooks is the man- highly recommended.

... I guess you won't be
    I'm expecting my Pushed RP3 back tomorrow, just in time for a 12 hr race on saturday....I only had 4 rides on the new shock before the air sleeve cracked [rare manufacturing defect, I'm told], so I bit the bullet and sent it to the Push guys - they even hooked me up with the new optional large volume air sleeve, so I'm expecting a big change for the better! And, Darren @ Push really goes out of his way to help the customer [got my shock done and air shipped so I could use it for the race]- thanks D! for Turner style customer service!

Glad you find yours to your liking!
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I need to send mine to Push

A stock RP3 feels a bit constipated. The Push modifications would get the oil flowing like a shot of prunes. I actually think the Romic is a smooth shock but it does make for a slugglish bike

Jaybo