mtbr member

RP3 Bushings + Flux

Where can I purchase replacement bushings for my RP3 ?? I've developed some play in the upper bushing.

Thanks in advance.

Bite Me.
    Push Industries has what you need - faster than Fox.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

ride
    If you're talking about the eyelet bushings on the shock mounts, most shops will have (or should have) those in stock. Otherwise, if it's the internal bushing, Push can get that turned around pretty quick.

dave
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Yeah the eyelet bushings are the ones I'm talking about. Thanks for the info, i thought they might be manufacturer specific.

banned
    They aren't exactly manufacturer specific, but not exactly off the shelf items any shop would have. The bushings are the rings inside the eyelet, then the reducer is the aluminim you see. Replace both.

I'm surprised you need to replace the bushing because Turner's width is very low to reduce side loads. Consequently, these things last a long time.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    they are. and frame specific too. be real clear as to what yer doin and if yer not confident they understand, move on and save everyone the frustration of gettin the wrong shyt time and time again. push knows exactly what ya need. try em or maybe larry at mt high cyclery and dave at redstone cyclery.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    if yer replacin the bushings in a fox shock youll need the fox tools to do so without killin the unit itself. unless yer really that clever.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Ok so after reading all the replies it looks like I need the reducers and not the actual bushings. If I lift up on the seat I get a small amount of play in the top mounting bolt of the shock. I checked the torque spec and they seem fine. The frame/shock has about 18months of continuous riding (3-4 times a week)

Bite Me.
    The eyelet bushing removal is not that hard if you have a bench vise and a set of metric or english sockets. You need to find a socket that is smaller than the inside diameter of the eyelet, but not smaller than the bushing itself. Then find a socket that has an inside diameter larger than the eyelet. Put the large socket on one side of the eyelet, the small socket on the other and pinch between the vise jaws. Slowly turn the vise shut, the small socket gets pushed into the eyelet and pushes out the bushing into the large socket. The insertion of a new bushing is pretty easy just using the vise to press fit it. You can also buy a bushing tool, but this method works fine if done with care. This page is informative http://www.mojo.co.uk/bushkits.html
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    I have a couple tools so I shouldn't have a problem

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo_1
    Ok so after reading all the replies it looks like I need the reducers and not the actual bushings. If I lift up on the seat I get a small amount of play in the top mounting bolt of the shock. I checked the torque spec and they seem fine. The frame/shock has about 18months of continuous riding (3-4 times a week)
    Replace the bushing when you're in there, too. You'll notice the wear when you get the reducers out. The older bushing will prematurely wear new reducers.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO