Thread: Rp3

BODYSNATCHER

Rp3

I went to ride this morning, and the shock does not move through all it's travel. I tried the recommendations for stuck down (used the search and then went to the Fox website) pumping it up to 250 etc. and it acts like it's going to work, but the minute I get on the bike, it goes down to about half it's travel and stays there...
    I noticed if I turn the rebound knob all the way out it will open up, but then goes back to the same after cycling thru the suspension.
    My question is, is this a negative air chamber problem, or what?
    FWIW: I purchased the shock from PUSH direct, and it has seen about 2000 hours/1600 miles since I bought it last May.
    Fortunately (or not!) I still have the 3 way swinger that came with the Burner frame, so I will pull the RP3 and try to figure this out. I guess I'll try popping the sleeve off and lubing it, maybe it will help. The other thing is, it was cold this morning, but not Tcheezy Alaska cold, maybe 38* when I was getting ready to ride. I never had any trouble with it until now.
    It sure sucked being all psyched to ride and then watching my buddies roll of without me while I loaded up to go home.
    High up above, aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home...

A Real Winner.
    Weak. If you got the shock new from Push does it come with a warranty?
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    probably not if its been ridden 2000 hours without once being opend up for a clean and lube...

stuck down syndrome tends to happen to shocks that are low on oil and are starting to gum up, cold weather usually allows things to harden up just enough to trap the air on a dry shock.

should be fine if you open her up CAREFULLY and give her the once over.

BODYSNATCHER

That was it...

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Stonk
    probably not if its been ridden 2000 hours without once being opend up for a clean and lube...

stuck down syndrome tends to happen to shocks that are low on oil and are starting to gum up, cold weather usually allows things to harden up just enough to trap the air on a dry shock.

should be fine if you open her up CAREFULLY and give her the once over.
    I put her up on the stand, pulled it open and it popped. It was not stuck down like I would expect, so I didn't think that was the problem. What a relief.
    I have serviced it before, although only twice. Ride tomorrow, we'll see....

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    im convinced its the cold temps that does this. sounds like a stuck down deal but im not there. best of luck on the ride today.
    No, I'm NOT back!

BODYSNATCHER

Ride report

It stayed pumped up, and the ride was good. No hikers to speak of (I gambled on the fact that the frigid weather would keep them home), and after pulling the shock yesterday, I yanked all the bushings (thanks Tcheezy) and rotated them. I love this shock for what I do, which is strictly XC riding with the occasional 2" huck.
    Here's some pix:

nice shots! its cute the way you and yer pal dress the same, right down to the helmet covers.
    No, I'm NOT back!

BODYSNATCHER

It's all about bling

Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    nice shots! its cute the way you and yer pal dress the same, right down to the helmet covers.
    or not....

It's pretty fun helping people out and riding at the same time. We don't enforce, but have radios to call rangers/EMT/police if we need them. Usually we don't encounter any thing more serious than a rattlesnake on trail, or dog off leash, or "don't pick the daisies Mrs. Smith."

Holy sh!t, I grew up to be a frickin' hall monitor...

all the same, there are times it must be damn good to have you guys out there. enjoy.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Members who have read this thread: 0