Thread: Rp3 / 06 Flux

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Rp3 / 06 Flux

My Riding Weight is 185 to 190, I having to run 210Psi ,so I will not bottom out the shock. I am still getting a 1/2 inch of sag. Seams like alot . Is there something wrong with my shock? What pressure are you running in your Rp3? What you sag setting? Riding Weight. Thanka

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Your sag should be around 9mm- prob close to 25%. I weigh 190 in riding gear and I think I'm putting around 160. It makes me wonder if something is wrong with your shock. As long as you are getting 9mm or close, you shoud be fine. The leverage ratio is a bit higher than my other bike so it tends to bottom out a bit easier but I have not "clunked" it yet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey
    My Riding Weight is 185 to 190, I having to run 210Psi ,so I will not bottom out the shock. I am still getting a 1/2 inch of sag. Seams like alot . Is there something wrong with my shock? What pressure are you running in your Rp3? What you sag setting? Riding Weight. Thanka
    Sounds about right, or maybe a little high. I weigh 190 to 195 sans gear, and use about 200 psi in the RP3 when I run it on my 06 RFX. That gives me about the same half inch sag as you report. Fox recommends 9 mm sag, but on a 6-inch bike with a 2-inch stroke shock, sag should be 0.5 to 0.7 inches of shock shaft travel.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Silence and Thunder...
    I'm aboot 200# w/out my pack on my back and run 190psi on my 05 Flux.
    I've managed to bottom it once or twice coming off of small drops (<2')
    Depends on how your riding it too...
    ...every day sends future to past...

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey
    Hmmm, I weigh around 240# and am running less pressure, 180 I think, and I'm getting 11mm sag. I have never bottomed out, though I have never taken any drops over 2'.