mtbr member
    Dec 2006

RP23 for an '06 Flux "TNT"

I would like to replace the RP3 on my '06 Flux with the "TNT" design, I think that the Propedal works better on the RP23's, is there anything special that I should be looking for? The bike is amazing, I bought it as a "demo" from Dave at the end of '05, use it as my trailbike and my xc racebike (24lbs), would just like the better Propedal for long climbs during the races (eg. SeaOtter). Thanks for your help

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

More adjustable Propedal, and dampening/rebound settings

I've had Turner Flux frames with both RP3 and RP23 (but both Horst link, not TNT).
    The RP23 is more adjustable and the Propedal on/off is better (firm when on, more plush when off). With the RP23 you can get different dampening/rebound valving (low/med/high), watch out for that. I think med rebound with med or high compression would be good, esp since you mentioned racing. Stick with the standard low volume air sleeve.

illiterate or intoxicated
    You might want to give the guys at Push a call. They might be able to tune your current shock to your liking.
    "One often finds their destiny on the road taken to avoid it" - Master Ugway

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    How can I tell if a shock has a particular type of dampening? I have thought about Push, but with the RP23, the Propedal is so solid at the flip of the lever and my three position RP3 the three settings are very similar and nowhere firm, if I bump up the pressure, I lose the plushness on my trailrides, which are the majority of my riding. I just thought from previous expeirences the RP23 would be the answer.

mtbr member

Rp23

Do you own the RP23 already? If you do I think it would out preform the RP3 especially in the platform area. If you don't own it I would send the RP3 to Push and have it custom tuned to you riding style. Or buy a Push Rockshox Monarch.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sent my H/L Flux shock to push and they tuned the pro pedal to almost feel like a hard tail. When the pro pedal is off it is very noticable plusher. Before I sent my shock for tuning I talked to a technician about purchasing a new rp23 or stay with stock. He suggested running the stock Rp3 because it had more tunning options. After getting back the shock I can really tell the difference between the 3 settings. It was money well spent.
    Ed

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Ed2525

Thanks, that really sounds good, that is what my shock is missing, I do not have the RP23, but there a few for sale and it seemed like an easy fix, I know easy isn't always the best fix, so I thought that I would bounce it of a few guys who have tried it. Thanks again.
    Chuck (Flux)

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Stock RP23s have tune levels on air sleeve

Look for the small bar icons on the lower part of air sleeve, those indicate the compression dampening (blue) and rebound (red) tune. (low/med/high).

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Push

I've talked to Push and that sounds like the way to go, thanks for your input, the shock is going in after my weekend rides, I'll repost the results, thanks again.
    Chuck