Expert Crasher

RP-23 experts needed here

Ok - probably a Tscheezy post about this somewhere but I didn't find anything. I'm baked anyway from a good hard ride at Freedom Park in Williamsburg - some good trail out there (thanks EVMA!).

I have two questions with regards to tuning my RP-23.

1) PUSH rockers got me half of what I was looking for with regards to rear suspension action on my Sultan - but the HV can isn't working for me in the mid-stroke. I'm going to install the LV can - is that something I have to get straight from Fox? What else do I need to order when I get the can (i.e. pillow pack of float fluid or seals?) Last - do I need a bench vise to get the HV can off or can I twist it off with my bare hands?

2) regarding the PUSH tune - what is the tuning difference between XC-cross country and XC-race?

muchos gracias in advance
    Last edited by GreenLightGo; 06-29-2008 at 05:16 AM.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

what...?
    You can get the LV can from either Fox or Push. It comes with the seal kit and a pillow pack.
    You'll need one of those strap wrenches to get the old can off, makes it simple and no scratches. You can do it in a vise or in your hands, it's real easy.
    Follow the Fox interactive instructions. Takes about 5 minutes total!
    Without love in a dream it will never come true

gnuH
    I've never had to use any tools to get the sleeve off. Just make sure it is clean and dry and then unsrew it.

Expert Crasher
    jmtbkr - thanks. I found two service links on the Fox page, one with a .pdf instruction sheet and one interactive - both good resources I didn't know existed.

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...ice_videos.htm
    http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/index.htm

kiwirider - you were able to twist the can off without a strap wrench and bench vise? Did you leave the top part of the shock attached to the frame mount?
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

gnuH
    [QUOTE=GreenLightGo]

kiwirider - you were able to twist the can off without a strap wrench and bench vise? Yes. I'm built like the Hulk.

Did you leave the top part of the shock attached to the frame mount? Not normally, but it helps. It certainly helps when you try to get the can back on. Bolt the shock in, compress the rear end and screw the can in. Trying to screw the can on with the shock out off the bike can be fun.[/QUOTE]