mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Riding in St John USVI

Anyone been to St John? I hear there are some tour companies that offer mtn bike day trips and I suppose the lush, hilly national park might hold the keys to some good riding?? I have a thanksgiving trip planned with two other Turner riding (obsessed) family members. Any advice to share would be great--Thanks

bike weenie
    Been there, but didn't ride... snorkeled the whole time. It would seem like there could be some biking, assuming they allow it on the hiking trails, but I imagine it would be pretty steep. If you get the chance, you need to hike out to blue cobblestone beach on the west end of the island for snorkeling.

Pedaling Nowhere
    Did you ever figure out if there is any riding? I'm heading there fo xmas...

bike weenie
    Nope - doubt there is anything. Get the blue cheeseburger at skinny legs though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

No

There are some good hikes and some great snorkeling/diving, but i didn't see any riding potential while i was there.

Pedaling Nowhere
    Yeah, I've been there... great place for snorkeling. I wasn't into MTB at the time so I don't recall. Seems like there has got to be some bike trails though...