Thread: RFX XL picture

Appalachian Singletrack'n

RFX XL picture

Is there a photo anywhere of an XL RFX?

mtbr member
    This is the XL that's currently in Turner's demo fleet. I've been meaning to post my review from the two test rides I was fortunate enough to have at the invitation of DT himself. I'll have to get on that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RFX XL picture-rfx.jpg  

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Thanks so much.
    Can I ask how tall you are and how the fit felt?

mtbr member
    I'm 6'-2" on the nose with shorter legs and longer torso. Having owned 5-6 previous Turners I immediately felt right at home. Before the first demo ride I simply adjusted the saddle height and fore/aft position and removed all headset spacers slamming the stem. The demo had a 50mm stem which was OK but ideally I'd swap it out for a 70mm to get a little more weight over the front end. I don't remember the bar width but I don't think it was any wider than 780mm which is what I'd run on an RFX build.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I have to add that the nice rock work the bike is leaning against is not on the side of Ron's house, but a public toilet in a St. George park. Coming from California where every single road surface and public facility is turning TO shit, it is amazing to travel to Arizona, Nevada and Utah and see tax dollars being put to work in awesomely built and maintained public facilities!. Off to Arizona in a couple weeks, and if I remember correctly there is a BIKE WASH in the parking lot at McDowell mountain park.

mtbr member
    Dave doesn't know what he's talking about! So. Utah is a horrible place to live with eroding public facilities and failing infrastructure. Unemployment is high and raising, crime is unprecedented, and taxes are through the roof! Our riding season is only 3 weeks long and trails are limited to what amounts to dirt roads. Californians stay where you are. You have it so much better and shouldn't consider moving any time soon.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    I have to add that the nice rock work the bike is leaning against is not on the side of Ron's house, but a public toilet in a St. George park. Coming from California where every single road surface and public facility is turning TO shit, it is amazing to travel to Arizona, Nevada and Utah and see tax dollars being put to work in awesomely built and maintained public facilities!. Off to Arizona in a couple weeks, and if I remember correctly there is a BIKE WASH in the parking lot at McDowell mountain park.
    But please don't do Demo at McDowell mountain park. SOMO allows demos at Pima Canyon again. Or at least did for Pivot a year ago.

Are you going to stop in Sedona?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Tucson. Check the website for the TORCA event

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    Yes, it was interesting for me to ride in AZ for the last two weeks, driving around from Phoenix to Sedona to Prescott to Flagstaff, and not have the roads just be a trainwreck of construction and semi-offroad surfaces. I travel down to Texas every 3 months and it's pandemonium there as far as roads. Their growth and population way outpace their ability to repair and build infrastructure, but AZ reminded me that "oh yeah, you actually can have roads that are decent".
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Wicketed
    Yes, it was interesting for me to ride in AZ for the last two weeks, driving around from Phoenix to Sedona to Prescott to Flagstaff, and not have the roads just be a trainwreck of construction and semi-offroad surfaces. I travel down to Texas every 3 months and it's pandemonium there as far as roads. Their growth and population way outpace their ability to repair and build infrastructure, but AZ reminded me that "oh yeah, you actually can have roads that are decent".

You guys ought to try getting about in the UK...our roads have been deteriorating since about the time the Romans left....

(nice xl rfx by the way)
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B