mtbr member
    May 2004

RFX, what spring...?

Hi.

I am currently getting a DHX 5.0 for my 6" RFX. What size spring should I get?

I am running a Romic now with a 600 spring, with no preload. I have been considering getting a 550 to try out.

Will the end-stroke-thing on the DHX allow me to run a 550 or should I still go with the 600?
    ----------------------------------------
    Jorgen
    Trondheim, Norway
    Spec Stumpy Comp FSR 29er
    Turner DHR 2005, drilled

mtbr member
    You can tune the end of travel a bit as you suggest but to be sure you have to give us more clues, you weigh how much, and what type of riding do you do?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Damn, I thought about that but I guess I am a bit post-hungry and in a hurry :-)

Well, anywho...I weigh 190 in my boxers.
    I and ride pretty hard. I ride up to get down so I like a little more sag than normal I guess, as long as I don't bottom too hard, I guess.

I have had good luck with the Romic, except that it blows through the middle part of the travel, even on medium hits.

Any recommendations?
    ----------------------------------------
    Jorgen
    Trondheim, Norway
    Spec Stumpy Comp FSR 29er
    Turner DHR 2005, drilled

Team Sanchez
    I would go with the 600 lb spring. I weigh about 240 all suited up, and I run a 700 lb spring. With the DHX, you will not blow thru the travel as quickly, and the boost valve is very adjustable, which controls bottom out. Then when the DHX gets tired, have a look at the rebuild kits from Push industries. I'm sending mine to Push as soon as the DHX kits are available.

mtbr member
    I am 190 ready to ride with camelback and I am happy with a 650lb spring and I get 30% sag. If you like it soft go for 600lb but you are 10lb more than me so 650lb should be best that way you can leave the BO and boost a little lighter and keep the ride nice and compliant.

Brass Nipples!
    190# nekkid, 650 pound spring, happy as a clam.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.