Thread: RFX w/ maxle

deez nuts

RFX w/ maxle

When DT posted the pics of the new RFX he mentioned there might be a version coming with a Maxle rear. Has anyone heard anymore about this....is it definitely going to happen? If so...
    Would it need to be a whole different chainstay or could it be shared between Maxle and QR? Would you notice the difference in stiffness? What hub makers besides Hadley make a rear hub that would work?

I apologize if this has been covered before but my searches came up fruitless.

Thanks,

Shaft

mtbr member
    There's nothing specific about the hub, other than it being a 12*135 through axle. Hadley, DT, Hope etc all make such a hub, as well as it being "possible" to convert Chris King hubs, although this does require a new axle be machined.

The swingarm wont accept a QR if it's desgined to accept a through axle. It's one or the other.

On a slightly related note, I noticed that the end faces of my 12*135 Hope pro 2 are knurled, to give them some "bite" one assumes. Now I wonder if it would be possible to machine a 12*133 (or thereabouts) plastic (as it wouldn't be load-bearing once tightened up) rod, through which one could put a QR skewer to allow that same hub to be used in a QR back end. If I could swap wheels between my rfx and my dhr I'd be well happy. Of course, buying the maxle back end for the rfx would accomplish the same goal with added UGI satisfaction...

No, that's not phonetic
    Late spring at the earliest. You would need a new chainstay. Hope makes a rear hub that can be converted (Pro II) I think.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    i dont want ANYTHING from RockShox so i will stick with a girly Hadley 10mm axle thank you