mtbr member
    Nov 2004

RFX spring weight for 140-145lbs rider

I weight just around 140-145lbs, so I was wondering what spring would be correct. The shock is a pushed VAN R at 2.25x7.875 on an 08 rfx. I have the 350 and it feels good for dh, drops and rock gardens.. no issues really just a little soft on the climbs but still get to clear lots of steeps. any recommendations and opinions? thats just about right or go with a 400? thank you!!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    140x2.85 (averaged RFX leverage ration)=399

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    thanks fm... was lookin for more info.. like advantages and disadvantages of having the right spring for your weight and a slightly softer spring. just wondering how others like their set-up. so everyone out there.. tell me how you guys like your rear suspension set-up. thanks!!

mtbr member
    I have a 06 RFX (a bit shorter shock and a bit less travel, more or less the same leverage ratio), I weight 155lbs and use 450 spring. Feels great, so I assume 400lbs spring should be ok for You.

And the setup thing - I set 33% SAG as an initial, set rebound as fast as possible without harsh ride and "kicking saddle" on landings. The rest of the setup should be "by the feel". I like it plush, some of my friends set there bikes more XC-like to get more effective behavior on uphill sections.