Thread: RFX Revamp

Yayer!

RFX Revamp

Changed a few things on the 'ol RFX from the previous build. Stripped the Race Face crank and XT shifters / derailleurs and replaced with a HammerSchmidt and SRAM shifters / rear derailleur. On my way out the door to put some mileage on it, impressed with it on the meager test ride after install though!

Broken ankles = bullshit!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I thought the hammerschmidt used ISCG tabs? How did you do it?

Yayer!
    Quote Originally Posted by North* Dher
    I thought the hammerschmidt used ISCG tabs? How did you do it?
    My RFX has ISCG03 tabs on it, bolts right up. I wasn't sure what to expect with the install but it was completely painless, not to mention my tolerances were such that I did not have to face the shell or tabs. HammerSchmidt is a phenomenal piece of kit for sure.

trail fairy
    Love it nice to see a real bike again and with Hammerschidt yeahaaaaaaaaaaaa

ND pre 07 RFX's had ISCG 03/std as std specc,the RFX should always have had it, the irony was that the Hammerschidt was developed and tested on a Turner RFX for 2years by Greg Herbold, now there is no RFX compatibility other than pre 07s and no current RFX oh what has the world come to LOL....
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Team Blindspot
    Man, those Rubber Queen's are huge
    Astigmatic Visionary

Yayer!
    Advent, thanks man! I have been playing around with my setup for a while...think I'll leave it alone for a while.

S-Works, the RQ's are stupid wide...these are 2.4's but they are a hair wider than a pair of 2.5 Nevegals that I have in the garage. They are dope on the downhills but a bit of a workout for technical climbs....as to be expected though.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by CoalesceKid
    Advent, thanks man! I have been playing around with my setup for a while...think I'll leave it alone for a while.

S-Works, the RQ's are stupid wide...these are 2.4's but they are a hair wider than a pair of 2.5 Nevegals that I have in the garage. They are dope on the downhills but a bit of a workout for technical climbs....as to be expected though.

I'm running 2.4 Big Betty's. And they don't look that big. Good to hear they rock the downhill, I was wondering how they would compare to the BB's or maybe even UST Minion's for lift assisted riding.
    Astigmatic Visionary

Yayer!
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    I'm running 2.4 Big Betty's. And they don't look that big. Good to hear they rock the downhill, I was wondering how they would compare to the BB's or maybe even UST Minion's for lift assisted riding.
    Unfortunately I have not ridden either of the two you mentioned so I cant give you a good idea of the comparison, I can however tell you that they love going downhill. The only thing with them is you have to run pretty low pressure or you tend to washout a bit. All in all though I am very happy with them.