mtbr member
    Oct 2010

rfx rebuild complete

I just completed a rebuild of all the pivots on my '08 RFX. I have to say I'm very impressed by how the hardware held up. In the end, I replaced everything more because I already had the bike torn down and the parts purchsed rather than because it needed it.

The bushings showed some wear. Some very light grooves had been worn in. The shafts and hardware were flawless. I think the only thing that really needed to be replaced were the o-rings.

This is a bike that gets ridden hard. I put in 2 full years of riding 4-5 days a week in St. George / Hurricane / Vegas, which tends to be hard on a bike. The last two seasons have been in the NW, a little gentler on the suspension but lots of water intrusion issues.

I grease the pivots regularly and that seems to do it.

Thanks to Turner for such a great product. I'm psyched to thrash this bike for a few more years!

not so super...

rfx rebuild complete

And what people are Raving about on all the forums are carbon frames.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    No question DT builds some long lasting rigs, glad to hear you're enjoying it so much.

On my RFX, I've replaced the pivots once in 11 yrs of riding twice a week year round and several BC trips - they are probably due to be changed later this season, I've typically found the drive side horst link to wear before any of the others.

%$#$*!
    Yep, I had a similar experience. I wish all bikes had turner bushings.

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Turner pivots are genius! What other part on your bike lasts as long given the stress and punishment the pivot hardware endures over the years of use?

I live in BC wher riding is mostly wet for a good part of the season. I can't imagine bearings lasting as long as the Turner bushings do in our weather.

mtbr member
    Yeah the O rings go first. I neglected mine on an 08 RFX and ended up with some axle wear on the drive side rocker pivot. Sand, grit has a way of getting past worn O rings. It wore through the ano and probably another mm into the shaft. called turner and they told me to flip the axle around and I could another couple years out of it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Charlie do you have a link to how you did the rebuild/where you found parts? I'd love to tackle this on my 08 ASAP! Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    For sure. The how-to is on the the Turner website: http://www.turnerbikes.com/turner-pd...h_bushingM.pdf

And you can buy the rebuild kit from Turner, too: XC & Trail Bike Parts : XC Full Rebuild Kit (2000-08 )

Push also sells low friction bushings. I haven't used them, but I think others on the forum could speak to them.

Good luck! It was a really straightforward project, so you shouldn't have much trouble.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks man!