destination unknown
    May 2008

RFX/5Spot DW Question

This can probably only be answered by DT. Will the DW RFX front triangle/rockers/rear and Spot front triangle/rockers/rear be interchangable? Let the consumer build a 5.5" RFX, etc? Is this something Turner is trying to build into the new design? The ability to customize/swap/trade has been a cool feature with Turners and Ventanas.

I'm more of a dog person
    i remember reading in a thread somewhere (probably in the focus group thread) DT mentioned the ability to 'frankenbike' will no longer be the case with the new DW bikes. Each frame has precise pivot locations specifically tailored to the intended ride of the bike. altering the rear geo, if it could even be physically done, would basically ruin the performance of the susp.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by unclekittykiller
    i remember reading in a thread somewhere (probably in the focus group thread) DT mentioned the ability to 'frankenbike' will no longer be the case with the new DW bikes. Each frame has precise pivot locations specifically tailored to the intended ride of the bike. altering the rear geo, if it could even be physically done, would basically ruin the performance of the susp.
    UKK - That makes perfect sense.

My perfect bike would probably include the stiffness and HT angle of an RFX front triangle coupled with the BB height and 5.5 travel of a Spot w/Pike fork. Low and fast!

I'm more of a dog person
    very easily done w/ anything < '09. i'd look for some used 07/08 stuff and do your mix'n'match stuff that way. or if ur lucky u could find some new leftover 08 stuff dependin on ur size.

destination unknown
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by unclekittykiller
    very easily done w/ anything < '09. i'd look for some used 07/08 stuff and do your mix'n'match stuff that way. or if ur lucky u could find some new leftover 08 stuff dependin on ur size.
    Thanks. I was thinking utilizing the DW platform.