MK_
    carpe maņana

Listen! RF plastic bearing preload washer: DONATION

So, I am installing the RF Deus cranks on a different frame. The plastic preload washers are toast, so I need a new set. I searched every bike shop in town and every website and noone appears to be selling these separately. If anyone has one or two laying around after installation, please be so kind and put it in an envolope and mail it to:

4155 Riverside Ave.
    Boulder, CO 80304.

I'll refund your postage and pay for the washer! The ones off FSA cranks ought to work too!

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Outcast
    _MK, are your current washers in good enough shape to get decent I.D., O.D. and thickness measurements off them?

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    _MK, are your current washers in good enough shape to get decent I.D., O.D. and thickness measurements off them?
    Thanks Renny, I emailed you the measurements.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Public thanks, Renny. Not only are the spacers higher quality than stock and the dimensions are spot on what I sent ya, I am so psyched I get to finish up the build this evening! Thanks, again!

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Public thanks, Renny. Not only are the spacers higher quality than stock and the dimensions are spot on what I sent ya, I am so psyched I get to finish up the build this evening! Thanks, again!

_MK

Can't wait to see it.

Hey Renny or MK,
    Would one of you post what those dimensions were, or better yet the alternative source for these? I figure if you post it up we will have it on the board for future use in case the question comes up again. Just a thought, seeing the number of issues with Deus cranks here makes me think that it will.

Cheers
    C-

Outcast
    Your welcome _MK. I can't wait to see the completed build. I guess this town is big enough for two black RFX's.
    The dimensions for the spacers I made are as follows:
    OD of 1.175in (29.85mm), ID of 0.913in (23.2mm), and is .040 [1mm] thick. I made these out of a common plastic called Delrin, the variety called delrin AF. It doesn't have any high-zoot technical properties or magical performance values; it just happened to be sitting on a shelf next to the lathe!

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Your welcome _MK. I can't wait to see the completed build. I guess this town is big enough for two black RFX's.
    The dimensions for the spacers I made are as follows:
    OD of 1.175in (29.85mm), ID of 0.913in (23.2mm), and is .040 [1mm] thick. I made these out of a common plastic called Delrin, the variety called delrin AF. It doesn't have any high-zoot technical properties or magical performance values; it just happened to be sitting on a shelf next to the lathe!
    These dimensions are actually off. The spacer I took the measurements off of, which is one I got from a LBS turns out to not be for the application. I still managed to squeeze on the spacers you made, a few broke, but a couple managed to streach without braking. I left my calipers at work, so I couldn't measure the spindle, but ID of 24mm, maybe 24.5 would be it. OD is pretty much perfect.

I'm taking it on a maiden voyage today, an easy shakedown ride.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

Outcast
    These dimensions are actually off.
    _MK

It's back to the lathe then I go.

It's a Turner!
    If you made some more I'd buy some from you. Mine are gonna be toast soon and I need to put at least one more spacer on to keep the inner ring from rubbing against the e-13 chainguide backplate. Let me know.

It's back to the lathe then I go.
    I didn't just drink the koolaid, I stuck my head in the punchbowl.

Outcast
    _MK, can you guess a little more accurately; 24mm is .945 inches, 24.5mm is .965. The current I.D. is .913 inches. Can you pick a number?

Sirbikesalot, I can pop a couple of these in an envelope and mail them to you. You owe me a beer. A good one; no miller lite for me.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    _MK, can you guess a little more accurately; 24mm is .945 inches, 24.5mm is .965. The current I.D. is .913 inches. Can you pick a number?

Sirbikesalot, I can pop a couple of these in an envelope and mail them to you. You owe me a beer. A good one; no miller lite for me.
    I'm gonna call RaceFace right now. If they show me the finger, then I'll swing by my house at lunch and take off the drive side crank and I'll give you the exact dimension.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

Outcast
    Cool, thanks. I can turn these around real quick; the rod is chucked in the lathe, waiting for the bore to be completed.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Cool, thanks. I can turn these around real quick; the rod is chucked in the lathe, waiting for the bore to be completed.
    Called RaceFace and noone's there. Figures. Called Enduro and the guy was out on the road so couldn't get me dimesions. It will be a couple of hours before I can. Maybe one of the homers who has a set of calipers can chime-in in the mean time.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

Outcast
    Maybe one of the homers who has a set of calipers can chime-in in the mean time.

_MK
    Free set of spacers to anyone who can give me an accurate I.D. measurement. Emphacise on the word accurate. No tape measure measurements please.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Ok, actual measurements...

ID: 24.4mm
    OD: 29.3 mm
    thick: 1.0mm

OR

ID: .960 in
    OD: 1.155 in
    thick: .039

I am guessing that the orig spec is metric, the spacers flex a little and i dont have the time right now to pull the crank arm and measure the spindle, but these should be good #s as I measures a stack of them not just one....BTW they are cheap molded parts so they are not all EXACTLY the same.
    Last edited by davep; 05-11-2006 at 10:25 AM.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by davep

ID: 24.5mm

OR

ID: .966 in

I am guessing that the orig spec is metric, the spacers flex a little and i dont have the time right now to pull the crank arm and measure the spindle, but these should be good #s as I measures a stack of them not just one....
    Sweet! Thanks. That saves me a drive on my lunch break.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by davep

ID: 24.5mm

OR

ID: .966 in

I am guessing that the orig spec is metric, the spacers flex a little and i dont have the time right now to pull the crank arm and measure the spindle, but these should be good #s as I measures a stack of them not just one....
    Davep, thanks a bunch! Measurements off of actual spacers is fine, no need to pull a crank off. You da man!