searcher

Idea! revelation on a flux?

Hi there!
    I need your opinion! What do you think about putting a RS Revelation on a Flux? I have two good deals in my LBS . On of them is a Revelation and the other is 2005 Reba.
    Which one would you reccomend?

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Unless the Revelation is a U-Turn, get the Reba. The only caveat to that is if you really do a lot of technical descending and like your front end a little higher and a little more travel.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    I agree on the Reba call. I had a 2005 Reba U-Turn on my Burner and really liked the fork and the adjustability. The fork works great at 100 and you can drop the front end for steep climbs or open it up some for downhill runs. The 85-115 range really worked well on the Burner which is designed for a 100mm fork - I'd think it would on a Flux too.

I just put a U-Turn Revelation on my Spoy last night and compared it with a Reba side-by-side. First off it is a beefier fork and weighs a little more. Secondly you won't be using a 130mm fork on a Flux, it'd be too choppered out. Third, you wouldn't have the option of dropping the front on steep climbs since the Revelation is 100-130mm.
    Even if you don't go U-Turn, the Revelation is more fork than you'd need on a Flux.

The Reba was a really enjoyable fork and I am counting on the Revelation to be just as good and then some!

My $.02.
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    im gonna agree with these guys and moreso with rr in the fact that the adjustability of the reba u turn is for sure a highlite on the flux. i run a talus on mine partly due to dt's suggestion of droppin the front end for climbs therefore movin the weight bias forward to offer the chassis more balance as it thinks its on somethin closer to level ground. its also cool to extend it for more burley desents and regain controll here as well for the opposite reason as the bias will be more rearward. it works just as he said it would and its very cool indeed. the relevation will simply be too much travel, a to c, weight and so on for this aplication in my mind.
    Last edited by cactuscorn; 03-10-2006 at 10:11 PM.
    No, I'm NOT back!

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"

Assuming U-turn only

Depends on if the A - C on the Revelation (set to 100mm) is the same as whatever DT designed the frame around. If it is, I think it would be a good fork, because you can leave it at 100mm for most of your riding, and crank out the travel for descending. That would stabilize steering when bombing down the mountain.

searcher
    Thanks for the replies!
    I think I will go with the Reba, even if it's red.:-)

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    And what's that supposed to mean?

The only thing red here's the beer

Enjoy the fork!
    Big hoopy.

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocker
    And what's that supposed to mean?

The only thing red here's the beer

Enjoy the fork!
    That bike you are sitting on used to be red! Right? Not that there's anything wrong with that
    Last edited by Zeke; 03-11-2006 at 06:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    Depends on if the A - C on the Revelation (set to 100mm) is the same as whatever DT designed the frame around. If it is, I think it would be a good fork, because you can leave it at 100mm for most of your riding, and crank out the travel for descending. That would stabilize steering when bombing down the mountain.

The Revalation is a touch longer at 478mm A/C at 100mm, the Reba Is 473mm A/C at 100mm.
    Not much difference i know, the recommended A/C is 472mm for flux as Turner website.
    I think like above you wont use the 130mm of the Rev but will use the 85mm on the Reba.
    The travel for flux in the catalogue is 3.5 to 4.7 inches which is 120mm so the 115 Reba is close to max.
    im looking at the team uturn as at 115mm it is the same A/C as my marathon at 100mm.
    hope that helps

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    That bike you are sitting on used to be red! Right? Not that there's anything wrong with that
    The Burner was black but it replaced a red NRS.

I am confident enough to enoy a red beer or two every once in a while
    PS - I can't wait to get the Spot on this trail (Sycamore Cove in Pisgah)
    Big hoopy.

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocker
    The Burner was black but it replaced a red NRS.

I am confident enough to enoy a red beer or two every once in a while
    PS - I can't wait to get the Spot on this trail (Sycamore Cove in Pisgah)
    As an aside, what maxxis tires are those? And how do you like them?

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    High Rollers - they roll pretty fast and have good grip. I ride with a few people who like them a lot. I'm on my second set since last summer so I guess I'd recommend them. I like Panaracers for grip but they have a lot of rolling resistance. I'd been using the 2.1's on the Burner.
    Big hoopy.