mtbr member

retarded shopping question

Some friends from the states will visit next month and I'm making the most of by getting them to buy some stuff for me.

so here goes the retarded question:

Is Beyondbikes reliable? CanI ask them to buy from them? no particular issues? I need some body armor, pads and jerseys.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

No, that's not phonetic
    Search the Best Deals forum here on mtbr for "beyondbikes". You'll get an eyefull.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Outcast
    statistically speaking, there are more reliable internet sources than beyond bikes

aka baycat
    better luck playing Russian Roulette and only taking out one bullet!

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Most of the time, Beyond Bikes have been good, but sometimes they took for ever to get the parts out to me. Your best bet would be getting Jenson or Cambria to price match their price and you'll be sure to get it on time. Jenson has been my favorite.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

konastab805
    Aug 2005
    Call Kerry and tell him Oliver sent you.

mtbr member

Just in there

I would trust them on those items. I was just in there two days ago, and bought some 661 KS KNee pads...they were marked $50- with no sale tag, and they sold them to me for 20% off of that. I have never had any problems with them, but I have always gone into the store. They seem like good guys for the most part.

By the way..they four highlines sitting on their wall...waiting for some lucky customer to buy. They look really nice up close.

Cheers!

Lay off the Levers
    Jenson is very good for ordering stuff. They ship same day if you order 2-day or faster. I just got a few things from them after I cancled a Cambria order. They were easy to get on the phone and answered questions with what seemed like confidence and knowledge. I got a confirmation from the phone agent and received prompt notification via email. In the past I had ordered a helmet and pads from them that didn't fit they took them back without hesitation and quickly refunded my money.

I was very disappointed with Cambria. I placed an small order with them, price-matched one item that was confirmed okay and instock. Requested 2-day shipping ($30 bucks!) and they sat on the order for almost a week I canceled it b/c they didn't want to honor the price.(said the item was out of stock and the new inventory wouldn't have that price WTF?) Funny thing is I called them the day of the order and then next two following days and they didn't have any issues with the order. Also Cambria was difficult to get on the phone, lots of hold time. Their policy is it can take up to 2-days to pack and send any order regardless of the shipping requested. This could mean even 2-day shipping can take 4 days to arrive. Their shipping costs were way over Jensen as well.

BTW my new Azonic T55 FF-helmet arrived from Jenson today. It took exactly two days, and it's the first one I've tried that actually fits. My search is over. They had a killer price too.
    Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

mtbr member
    I agree with Zilla. Of the mega-online-retailers my vote is with JensonUSA. Their website is the cleanest and easiest to nagivate, shipping is incredibly prompt, and if a part is back ordered they notify you via email, but their shipping is still significantly more than Mountain High Cyclery, who's inventory might not be as large as Jenson's, but if you're willing to wait on what he needs to order he's as cheap if not cheaper and shipping is always much more reasonable. ([SIZE="1"]Do you think this post qualifies as a run-on sentence?[/SIZE])

... I guess you won't be
    the owner of Beyond and the former-owner of 123bikes [remember Dave?] used to be biz partners before they had a "falling out" and opened up their respective shops......your trivia bit for the day!

ahh, those were the days....
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

over researcher
    They're pretty high pressure. They make buying MTB stuff not very fun. I bought my Flux from them, and hated the entire process. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I got my frame, and they were the only shop I could find that had an ano orange in medium (Turner was all out), but I was a nervous wreck the whole time.

mtbr member
    Thank you gentlemen,

the stuff I want to get isn't available on Jenson so i'm gonna stick with beyond but before I'll shoot an email to Lary to double Czech. Always favor the LBS, even if they're a couple of thousand of kilometers away.

over researcher
    Can't we talk you out of it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by royta
    Can't we talk you out of it?
    sure,

I need an afordable body armor. 661 Assault Pressure Suit preferably

a pair of 661 - Kyle Straight Knee Guard

a large jersey to fit over the armor. (TLD, Fox...)

total for the 3 items were $154 at Beyond

any option to find that before May 30th is welcomed.Then my freinds are flying to France for my wedding.

From what you guys say, I'd gladly buy elsewhere.

over researcher
    I guess there's nothing wrong with buying there if you are buying in person. Then you are your own shipping company and merchandise inspector, and have only yourself to blame if something goes wrong.