mtbr member

New question here. Replacing Stickers

Iím replacing the stickers on my 5 Spot. I donít imagine it will be too hard, but I thought I'd check to see if anybody has any tips on removing the old and applying the new.

mtbr member

check out some old threads

like the one on page 3 called "didn't expect this to happen" by guitarhero. Hope this helps.
    It's all cycle-logical to me.

mtbr member
    Thanks Nimai. Here's another thread I found Putting bike stickers on tricks?. Anyone try this method?

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Iím replacing the stickers on my 5 Spot. I donít imagine it will be too hard, but I thought I'd check to see if anybody has any tips on removing the old and applying the new.
    From what I've read the move is to use a hair dryer. Word has it they come up quite nicely and leave little residue that way. Couldn't hurt to try.
    Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    yup...hair dryer then GooGone if there is any glue left.

then dry and clean the area nicely before applying the new ones. If it's cold, I like to use the hair dryer to heat the tubing a bit so the new decals stick better.

just my $0.02

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    yup...hair dryer then GooGone if there is any glue left.

then dry and clean the area nicely before applying the new ones. If it's cold, I like to use the hair dryer to heat the tubing a bit so the new decals stick better.

just my $0.02
    Good tip on warming it up before putting on the new set! Also after the Goo-gone, maybe prep the area with Isopropyl to clean up any leftover solvents or handling oils.
    Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Good tip on warming it up before putting on the new set! Also after the Goo-gone, maybe prep the area with Isopropyl to clean up any leftover solvents or handling oils.
    oh ya ya...I totally forgot about the Isopropyl! That works great to clean the surface and make it free of oils. I have a Pedros Bio-Shot canister that I always keep filled with a mixture of Iso (.25) and Water (.75)

mtbr member

Thanks guys...

I'll use the heat, goo-gone, isopropyl for removal and then try the soapy water application method detailed in the link above. I'll let you know how it goes.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    I'll use the heat, goo-gone, isopropyl for removal and then try the soapy water application method detailed in the link above. I'll let you know how it goes.
    IMO soapy water should only be used if the stickers are super big and will cover a huge area! Works well to center and remove air from underneath. But for the "TURNER" XC decals, I don't think this step is really necessary!

good luck!

Baked Alaskan

It's easy really...

The soapy water seems like a lot of hassle... here's what I did and it kinda summarized what a lot of the other posts have said.

1. Remove old stickers, I just peeled them off and used an adhesive remover to get rid of the goo, goo-gone works but it shouldn't be used indoors, I used a citrus remover and it was fine.

2. Clean area with rubbing alcohol so there's nothing to funk up the adhesion process.

3. Line up your new stickers, you could get anal about exact placement by marking with a crayon or tape but I just eye-balled it.

4. Peel off the protective backing from the sticky side and apply, I used the long, top part of the "T" on the sticker and the bottle mount bolts as a guide to get things relatively straight.

5. Then just press the rest of the sticker into place and remove the protective cover from the sticker. Do this carefully, peel real slow and work it off the edges of the sticker to keep them from peeling back up.

6. Do the other side. It took me about a 1/2 hour from start to finish.

In the pics you can see I went from the silver to the gray.
    Attached Images Attached Images

eastman

Is black ever going to be back?

Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    Meanwhile, I'd kill many people for the chrome stickers.
    When they coming Back with Black? Just got a set of gray...they just don't do it with polished.
    fficeffice" />> >

Agree on the above; hairdryer or heat gun work great for removal and pre-application.

> >

Also, the folks at ďTĒ recommend using a glass cleanerÖwindexÖbefore applying the decals.

> >

-e

mtbr member

I'll take mine plain...

...thank you.

Funny how the Turner stickers come partially off so easily...almost to imply they don't want them on there long term.

I think my metallic royal blue looks more gooder when uninterrupted by logos.

Sean

Professional Amateur. Disagree? Submit your grievances here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastman
    When they coming Back with Black?
    I don't think they plan to. The only two color choices Turner gave me were Charcoal and Metallic Silver, which they were completely out of.

I think I'll apply one of the Turner stickers with the method detailed by AK_Chris (thanks Chris) and if all works well proceed with the others. If not the soap-n-water method will be next.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupboy
    Funny how the Turner stickers come partially off so easily...almost to imply they don't want them on there long term.
    I'm not so sure it's that as much as it was the fact that they got a bad batch of Black w/Silver stickers from their supplier. Mine held up fine. Either way the easy of getting extras from Turner should solve any problems those of us have with peeling or damaged stickers.

mtbr member
    sorry double post

Baked Alaskan

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by eastman
    When they coming Back with Black? Just got a set of gray...they just don't do it with polished.
    Looking at mine, they are black and not the gray that's on the new frames.

dressed to play

i like the dark gray

I replaced my stock light grey with the dark gray and i have to say they set the ti spring off nicely. I was decal free for a while but i think this looks better.
    debadging is addictive though, the crossmax logos days are numbered.
    Attached Images Attached Images