mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Replace 3way Swinger with an '01 Float RC(pushed)

i've been riding around on the stock 3.6 burner for a few months now and it pedals fine but the plushness may be lacking a bit. i've got an old '01 float rc that is working... would it be worth it to send it to Push and have them do their magic and throw that on the burner?

according to the Push site they would replace all the internal and add propedal and remove the lockout. was wondering if anyone else has tried this on a burner and is it worth the $150 or should i wait around to find an RP3 to get Pushed? would a riding weight of 210# with an occasional 2-3ft drop be too much for the old school float rc? i've got a Pushed vanilla rc on the rfx and it works great but i'm not sure if it's worth it to upgrade the float rc.

jim

Bite Me.
    That's a lot of money to drop on a pretty old shock, but the Push treatment gets you new internals and the ride treatment is a definite improvement over the 3-Way as far as plush goes. You could probably sell the 3-way on the classifieds to recapture most of your Push treatment. Go for it.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    i'll give darren a call and see what he thinks of the old shock. thanks

banned
    So long as the shock isn't beaten to hell, I don't see what's wrong with rebuilding it.

I have an 02 and 03 Float that's still going strong.

There's also the option of finding that seller from Hong Kong on ebay that sells PP Float R's for 125 or so. Warp2003 has one.