Bad Case of the Mondays

Reduce, Reuse and Recyle

I'm joining the club taking a previously loved 5Spot and giving it the refurb treatment. Found a frame that was in need of a little love at a great price. After a paint job, some PUSH bushings, a MX Tune coil shock and some other touches, I think this bike and I will get along just fine....

This bike is going to replace my Yeti 575 I've been riding for the last several years. Really great bike but wanted something new....I mean new to me at least. Coincidentally when breaking down the Yeti I found a crack in the bottom bracket weld. Yeti promptly warrantied it out so now I have a nice new 575 frame too.

Edit: Oops, mistyped recycle in the title.

Some custom, urban camo JNC decals

Jumped on the bandwagon, installed a needle bearing kit

PIKE up front freshly back from a PUSH factory fork system tune

Picked up this MX Tuned DHX Coil with a ti spring from pjlama. One of my big reasons for going to the Spot from my Yeti 575 was I wanted to run a coil.
    Last edited by Jdub; 04-18-2010 at 07:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Looks hawt Joel...we should have done a pike urban camo as well Is that Marshal W's old frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Great looking Spot. Did you consider a solid-axle rear? This spot is worthy.

trail fairy
    Jdub awesome

If my SPot dosen't sell this time for the minimum then may look at doing this as a project sometime, I dig it that is just fricken awesome dude, congrats
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub

Some custom, urban camo JNC decals
    Very versatile, they blend in with trees too.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by NWfreeride
    Great looking Spot. Did you consider a solid-axle rear? This spot is worthy.
    Yep. I got a 10mm thru axle conversion for the Hadley and put it on a week or so ago.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    Looks hawt Joel...we should have done a pike urban camo as well Is that Marshal W's old frame?
    Well I'll be contacting you soon about another set of decals for my wife's Spot, maybe we'll do the PIKE decals then...

Not Marshall W's frame. Picked it up from a guy who posts under the moniker shaft here. He was just a couple hours away, and I picked it up for a price that was too good to pass. He had to get a warranty chainstay and had mismatched colors, which is part of the reason I got it for such a good price.

This is the before shot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reduce, Reuse and Recyle-new5spot.jpg  

mtbr member
    Any rides/comments on the PUSHed Pike?

Bike looks great.

TG

Outcast
    Nice camo color. Great choice for poaching super secret front range trails.
    How's your shoulder?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Nice camo color. Great choice for poaching super secret front range trails.
    How's your shoulder?
    Exactly. With all these super secret rides that only 3/4 of Boulder knows about, I felt being stealth was important...

Shoulder is OK. 8 weeks removed from surgery, getting better but have severely aggravated my biceps tendon compensating for shoulder weakness while trying to rehab so I'm on rest and recoup orders for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    Any rides/comments on the PUSHed Pike?
    Too early yet. I had the PIKE rebuilt with the latest factory fork system (I had been on a prototype version) around December but then got hurt after only a couple rides on it. In the few rides I had on it before getting hurt, I noticed improvement in two areas: small bump and the last 1/4 of the travel. Small bumps get soaked up better and it seems to have a nicer, ramp up on the end of the travel. I used to bottom mine out some running (I run pretty low pressures for my weight), but with the PUSH factory kit it seemed to use 98% of the travel but not bottom out.

Will have many more comments when I get cleared to ride in another 6 weeks or so.

ride
    Great job, jdub. Sweet bike.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO