Thread: REBA Problems

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

REBA Problems

Posted this on the shock forum as well but thought I'd put it here as well since it has to do with my Flux. I was prepping my 2006 Reba for a race yesterday. Attached the pump to the neg valve to check the pressure. Heard a swoosh, took the pump off and out comes about a tablespoon worth of oil from the neg valve on the bottom. Then I was checking the lockout and it doesn't work. Even made sure the cable of the poplock was fully turning the blue compression knob. I know these two can't be related cause they're on opposite sides. So what's with these two problems and what are the chances that two things go wrong at the same time? I only have about 10 rides on the new setup. I rode today and the shock seemed to be working fine, although not locking out with the poplock. Is this thing just a piece of junk? What do ya think?

Stan,
    The oil loss from the neg preessure valve has been documented and reported by many. Most often not as severe as you witnessed, usually only a few drops lost. The quick fix if it keeps happening is to flip the bike upside down, leave it for a few seconds to let the oil settle and then adjust neg. pressure. This is not a problem and will not affect the performance unless you loose too much oil.

As to your lockout problems - are you saying it wont lockout at all, or is there some movement when locked out? Others have mentioned that their fork moves a little even when locked out but mine is rock hard so I cant say. Have you adjusted the floodgate knob? If you have the FG adjusted to the '-' side of things the fork can move when locked out, its designed to do so. Try this: lock out the fork and then turn the FG knob to full '+' and see if that helps, if not then you have to look at some other possibilities. Try it and let us know.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I had a similar problem with mine and when my LBS called SRAM they sent out a new pop-loc unit. Took about 10 minutes to install (most of that was to move the pully wheel for the pop-loc to the new unit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I get a bit of oily residue, nothing else.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the replys. The lockout was working just fine before. With it locked out I could press down on it and get a little movement (maybe 5mm or so), but for the most part rock solid. Anyway I hadn't even messed with the floodgate. I just checked it out like ya said - moved the floodgate knob in and out with it locked out and nothing, still compresses all the way no matter where the floodgate control is set at.

Sounds like you need to contact your local RS dealer on the pop-lock. Hopefully they take care of you like they did for 2tne.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out...