fried stuff with cheese

Reba Floodgate question????

My buddy was out riding with his fork (Reba SL) in full lock out. He heard loud pop and the fork became active. Since then we can't get the lock out to work. We've adjusted the floodgate all the way clockwise but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.
    We've taken the Damper out and it seems that when you screw it down you can see a little pin move down the rod, but when you turn it the other way it doesn’t go up. Am I making sense??
    I'm wondering if he stripped out the floodgate adjust? If so is there a fix for this or does he need a new Damper?
    Egg

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I had a similar problem with my Reba last year, and SRAM/RockShox sent out a new one 2nd day on the same day I talked to them. Have your LBS call them, and I expect that this can be fixed quickly.

One other question: How old is your buddy's fork? I had one of the first ones ('05 demo Flux), and I'm thinking it was one of those things where the manufacturing wasn't completely figured out yet. The new damper has been working great ever since.

customized
    Sep 2003
    Late model 2005 Reba SL.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Should be no problem to get it warrantied.

Good luck.