http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanan...7623590475750/
    Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Have a nice ride!

mtbr member
    What kind of camera and lens?
    2006 Turner 5 Spot
    2007 Trek 2100 ZR

mtbr member
    Nick (noshirt) won't know how to respond to that because all he does is sit there and try to keep his dog out of frame.

I shot these with a Digital Rebel XT (nothing special) and a 50mm 1.8 lens. I shoot RAW and do post production.

Yay! Bikes !
    that there is a good lookin' dog ...
    Nick.

mtbr member
    post processing is EVERYTHING... ;-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bababooey
    Nick (noshirt) won't know how to respond to that because all he does is sit there and try to keep his dog out of frame.

I shot these with a Digital Rebel XT (nothing special) and a 50mm 1.8 lens. I shoot RAW and do post production.
    the "thrifty 50" - love mine - I see it's gone up in price to the $85ish range though.

Am I seeing a little HDR effect going on?

mtbr member
    Ya dude! Props.

Build More = Ride More
    Nice bike. Makes me want to get the old Highline out for some hucking.

You should toss some needle bearings into your DHX there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
    the "thrifty 50" - love mine - I see it's gone up in price to the $85ish range though.

Am I seeing a little HDR effect going on?
    No HDR shots this round. I have been wanting to try that technique though. that would have been a cool place, the grass would have looked awesome. I do like to kick up levels and play around with color. I'm a graphic designer by trade so my computer is my friend! : )

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by YoPawn
    You should toss some needle bearings into your DHX there.
    Maybe, but I'm gunna say that based on the limited rotation of the axles in the Highline, you probably wouldn't see nearly as much difference as you do with the other bikes. The Highline is very similer to a mac-strut bike, and neither end of the shock rotates all that much relative to the linkage or frame.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Maybe, but I'm gunna say that based on the limited rotation of the axles in the Highline, you probably wouldn't see nearly as much difference as you do with the other bikes. The Highline is very similer to a mac-strut bike, and neither end of the shock rotates all that much relative to the linkage or frame.
    That's what I thought too until I took the spring off and cycled the suspension. It does move more than it looks like it does.

Would it be night and day difference? No. But since he's going full out already, might as well add the icing to the cake,.

Stray Bullet
    Nice bike and amazing pics!

Put some end caps on your bars before you impale yourself!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Sorry to be so negative, but what makes you suggest those pictures are 'really good' ?

I love watching bike shots, no matter how good they are; but being a pro photographer, let me tell you those shots are not only not good by any means, they are actually very poor - considering image quality was an issue.

There are tons of snapshots on this forum which get across the 'sexyness' of a ride very well, unlike those images.

mtbr member
    Perlman you're a dick. He did a fine job with those pics. I wouldn't go say they are "very good" either, but they're more then decent, and he did a good job conveying his joy for the bike.

Post up your shots, lets see if you're all talk.
    Stuff.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    Perlman you're a dick. He did a fine job with those pics. I wouldn't go say they are "very good" either, but they're more then decent, and he did a good job conveying his joy for the bike.

Post up your shots, lets see if you're all talk.
    He is a one time Lzwurth owner....

mtbr member
    sweet picas

mtbr member
    Hi Pearlman,

I'm so glad you are a pro photographer, hooray. I'm also so grateful to have your EXPERT opinion and now know that they are not indeed very good, but rather, very poor. Boy, I was way off I guess. Also, I am so sorry that my pics don't get across the "sexyness of a ride very well" so that you can "watch" the pictures, as you say.

So does my bike suck too, or just the pictures? How about my dog? I should probably post some more pictures of my riding too, so you can tell me how much it sucks too.

Sarcasm aside, it's real bummer that people like you plague this site with your negativity. Anything else?
    Have a nice ride!

mtbr member
    yeah, wondered about that too, if there would be ANY difference in feel with such minimal rotation at the pivot points. Figure simple is probably better unless someone can really convince me otherwise. I do love the idea of bearings rather than bushings if there is a lot of rotation though. Just put in new bushings by the way, and everything is feeling really good as is.

Oh wait, after reading Pearlman's post, maybe I shouldn't say that it feels "very good," he might tell me it actually feels "very bad."
    Have a nice ride!

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by NoShirt
    yeah, wondered about that too, if there would be ANY difference in feel with such minimal rotation at the pivot points. Figure simple is probably better unless someone can really convince me otherwise. I do love the idea of bearings rather than bushings if there is a lot of rotation though. Just put in new bushings by the way, and everything is feeling really good as is.

Oh wait, after reading Pearlman's post, maybe I shouldn't say that it feels "very good," he might tell me it actually feels "very bad."
    Take your spring off and push the suspension down. There is more rotation on both ends than you would think!

tg
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Perlman
    Sorry to be so negative, but what makes you suggest those pictures are 'really good' ?

I love watching bike shots, no matter how good they are; but being a pro photographer, let me tell you those shots are not only not good by any means, they are actually very poor - considering image quality was an issue.

There are tons of snapshots on this forum which get across the 'sexyness' of a ride very well, unlike those images.
    That's a lame thing to say.

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by Perlman

Wow!

By the way. I'm a professional human. In my professional opinion you are a poor example of human.

striker!
    Maybe some actions shots on the HL would drive it home for naysayers.

NS can sky that highline leaving plenty of time for even an amateur photographer to get a great shot.

Good riding with you on Sat. You were flying!

S
    "flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Really good bike pics- Highline
    Some great pics of my awesome Highline.

That's a little immodest, don't you think ?
    The shots and retouching are low-tier, but that's not what bothers me - rather the attitude making the OP claim he did some 'really good', 'great pics'.

I can't understand that, could never say it about my images out of principle.

mtbr member
    Great, so you're preaching modesty while touting your own skills as a pro?

So what if hes got an ego, the guy is stoked on some pics he took of a bike he loves. Then you blubber in sounding like the Comic Book guy from the Simpsons. "Those pictures are neither great, nor are they even good. THey are in fact barely mediocre, especially when compared to the artwork in Ironman #37."

Still waiting to see those shots muffin.
    Stuff.

Elitest thrill junkie

Reel good profeshional picters of my turners!

Are here! Please critique.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Really good bike pics- Highline-pic-090.jpg  

Really good bike pics- Highline-pic-093.jpg  

Really good bike pics- Highline-6pack-001.jpg  

Really good bike pics- Highline-bw-009.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast