Thread: Re-Hab

trail fairy

Good job! Re-Hab

Well just throwing down some news/updates!

Chur... to all those keeping in touch and asking truly appreciated!

Well I been trying to get to the pool regulary as we are now incorporating that in the recovery of things, not been the easiest so just getting myself there now just got to be done, so take it careful, I try to minimise my time behind the wheel as I don't have good lateral movement, I have to get out of the car and check behind me its a bit of a lottery but I take extra precautions, and I get Maxxis to do a rear view check, one bark means stop 2 barks means go

I have an awesome physio I see twice a week and weve really stepped it up, hes popped me so many times Im not sure if Im a cabbage patch doll or a unisol [universal soldier for those of you who are not Jean Claude van Dam fans)

Only prob with this dance we twist and shout is I feel like hell the days in between so I create as much trouble on here as possible as my relief, still pain is part of recovery and well 7months of that constantly and Im pretty addicted to it, if only I didn't seize up so darn much, I could enjoy the high more!

Anyways today was my big day for the pool, time to let go of the rails and see if I still float

Welll I feel like I'm a whale now so I figure whales can swim Im good to go, shes allot harder than I thought, I can't swim on my front, so it was backwards jimi and just bounce the feet along the bottom of the pool until things felt like they could move [ I lack some strength at the mo ] the head was doing its receiver thing and buzzing loud and clear but after a few bouncy lengths it went dull, plus the dam pool was so cold, we had lighting strikes last night and the power went down ahh my luck so not the usual heatedness, I told the life guards Im just a p u s s y and need to harden up, they were good and kept a close eye on me, probably used to it, made sure I wasn't going to drown

So I can't remember how many lengths I bounced backwards up and down but I was in there for a good half hour, till I got a bit dizzy, nothing unusal some would say, so time to get out I was aching all over but felt good to have a good workout top to toe, so am looking forward to my next trip, maybe Friday, can't handle big crowds and noise so got get my timing right, but hopefully will start to speed up things a bit and also give me some body releif once Im more accoustmed to it!

So should work out well, gives me an all over body workout and stretch! which is what I need right now, I will pay for it tonight but I figure I will also be pretty buggered which I am now Maxxis and I will have our arvo nap soon, wake up later for some Wimbleton Tennis watch a bit of Anna Kourakova ugh ugh should get the spirts going Maxxis like tennis quite funny watching him watch the telly!

Aloha, Chur from the recovery postion and thanks for listening in

Feildreport from new best second home, hope they get the heat up for next time, I've become such a Jaffa nancy, back home I used to swim in rivers and lakes only a few degree above Cel
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

No, that's not phonetic
    Sounds like things are going swimmingly. Pardon the pun.

Speaking of whales, a few recent research cruises with the department has turned up a bunch:

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

trail fairy
    Chur..Tscheesy, yep all good, those are some great picc's

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Bring Back Buck
    Geez TA - It's damn cold to be swimming in an unheated pool at the moment. Good luck for Friday. BBB.

trail fairy
    Geez ya not wrong, I feel like I been 12 big ones with Mr T!

U in back in Aotearoa? we getting thunder and lighting out here on the range, and dam shes blowing a hurricane, not sure if the corrogated iron gonna hang on tonight, maxxis has gone under the duvet, its wild

Chur bro....

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    great news ta! always lifts my heart to hear about yer progress. as far as bein a puss... not so much. i think most woulda turned tail and opted for warmer waters. ya got my respect.

nice hijack cheesey! 1 of yer best! that 2nd pic is almost good enough to justify it.

both of ya stay warm and safe. all 4 if ya include maxxis and barney. say hi for me will ya?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Bring Back Buck
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Geez ya not wrong, I feel like I been 12 big ones with Mr T!

U in back in Aotearoa? we getting thunder and lighting out here on the range, and dam shes blowing a hurricane, not sure if the corrogated iron gonna hang on tonight, maxxis has gone under the duvet, its wild

Chur bro....
    Yep - back in the land of the the long white cloud. Pretty windy here in Wellington too.George (who's now a bit bigger than the photo) is having to brave the weather out in his shed, (he has a warm bed though). No under the duvet action for him!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thanks for the update

You've come from your first dark hours to this skipping physio in a pool. From where I'm sitting that sounds like a helluva lot of progress. You knew it was going to take time and we all are happy as heck for you. Also great to hear the positive attitude in your voice
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Never enough time to ride
    TA, great to hear your getting better. Keep positive and keep working at it an you'll be up and rolling before you know it.

Take care and give Maxxis a scratch on the head for me.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Nice job TA. Great to see you're making progress. Now HTFU* and get back in the water .

* - My new favorite phrase to use when I or one of my buddies starts wanking about a ride.

Large member
    Top news chap I'm sending this care package today, ready for action
    Attached Images Attached Images

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bring Back Buck
    Yep - back in the land of the the long white cloud. Pretty windy here in Wellington too.George (who's now a bit bigger than the photo) is having to brave the weather out in his shed, (he has a warm bed though). No under the duvet action for him!
    Sweet good to hear, you been getting some big winds by the looks of it your way

Wow George is a wee cutie too sheesh, dam good choice dude hes gonna be awesome, I couldn't bring myself to out my boy in the shed, you have a woman inside don't you

Good to here he hasa warm bed though, what yer feeding him? Keep yer piccs coming of his progress to, we almost need a Doggy thread stick'ed in the data base

Chur.......

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    great news ta! always lifts my heart to hear about yer progress. as far as bein a puss... not so much. i think most woulda turned tail and opted for warmer waters. ya got my respect.

nice hijack cheesey! 1 of yer best! that 2nd pic is almost good enough to justify it.

both of ya stay warm and safe. all 4 if ya include maxxis and barney. say hi for me will ya?
    Thanx buddy, yer we getting there, we in the granny but moving
    Thanx for all ya support and kind words dude, well get that ride together on day mate chur..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    You've come from your first dark hours to this skipping physio in a pool. From where I'm sitting that sounds like a helluva lot of progress. You knew it was going to take time and we all are happy as heck for you. Also great to hear the positive attitude in your voice
    Appreciate xcg thanx man, yep all here [mtbr homie land] have been great keeping me positive so its a big help for sure, freinds here, my rehab team have been awesome my caregiver nurse is a real star, how she puts up with me I'll never know, no other woman can

Maxxis has been another boost too, just gotta keep going, hard thing is ya think youre ok look ok but still lots to keep working on, but its all postitive just flippin cold here at mo!
    Once I get the pool thing down, was pretty sore and stiff last night so take some time to get used to, we gonna add some stretchy bungy cords which go over the door for some arm shoulder strengthening, and I forgot I a special pilow from physio the other day, measured and contured to fit my neck and shoulder size thats helpedmy sleep and comfirt a bit too

Thanx again chur........

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by squish
    TA, great to hear your getting better. Keep positive and keep working at it an you'll be up and rolling before you know it.

Take care and give Maxxis a scratch on the head for me.

happy trails...

squish
    Cheer squis ya so right, can't believe its nearly July already

Done, done & done, he gives yer a lick back, while hes nibbling on my thumb

Happy trails to you too bud chur..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Nice job TA. Great to see you're making progress. Now HTFU* and get back in the water .

* - My new favorite phrase to use when I or one of my buddies starts wanking about a ride.

Said like a true Kiwi bro

Yeah never an excuse not to ride, well almost never

churrrrrrrrrrrr.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard
    Top news chap I'm sending this care package today, ready for action
    Haha ya shocker, shes looking a bit raggered, hope you haven't been too hard on her for me, I like to do my own training

chur..........

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    so I create as much trouble on here as possible as my relief
    good one, feel free to turn it up a notch if needed, we understand .

You getting any massage?

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004
    chur

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    good one, feel free to turn it up a notch if needed, we understand .

You getting any massage?
    Don't ewe's hold back niether

Like Fo got chur

Massage

I wish, nah none of that, unless ya count licking my face I get from Maxxis

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs