Thread: RC2X guts

not so super...

RC2X guts

Did anyone else see the short article in Decline with the cut-away of the RC2X cartridges? The article had a small blurb at the end that said you could purchase the carts individually for $200 and $160 up upgrade models w/o these features.

I'll scan and post if possible tonight.

Last edited by SSINGA; 03-08-2006 at 08:23 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    Cool. So can you buy the carts and put 'em in a boxxer? You know, to improve it?

Lay off the Levers
    Oh so we're back to Frankenforks again?
    would the 150 to 170mm travel adjust still function with the RC2x system?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Oh so we're back to Frankenforks again?
    would the 150 to 170mm travel adjust still function with the RC2x system?
    You get to be the guinea pig this time. I like my SL as is.
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    That brings up another question. 'Zilla, what fork are you gonna put on your RFX?

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That brings up another question. 'Zilla, what fork are you gonna put on your RFX?
    ...and what color will it be. is it going to match the frame?
    Nothing to see here.

Lay off the Levers

I'm Game...

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    You get to be the guinea pig this time. I like my SL as is.
    If the price is right and the product is available I'll consider giving the RC2X "upgrade" a go. Provided it does not require giving up the travel adjust. I don't plan on spending a lot of time in 170mm mode.

not so super...
    If the price is right and the product is available I'll consider giving the RC2X "upgrade" a go. Provided it does not require giving up the travel adjust. I don't plan on spending a lot of time in 170mm mode.
    What travel adjust? Are you talking the 66SL?
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    are you putting the ZAM1 on the RFX?

Lay off the Levers
    SS yes The 66SL has travel adjust via the negative air spring correct? Any idea if using the so-called RC2X upgrade would change this? I'm not interested in converting the SL to a half coil fork. I'm just curious about the adding RC2X damping adjustability to the SL.

Rene, the Z1AM won't be going on the RFX, it'll be going up for sale.

mtbr member
    SS yes The 66SL has travel adjust via the negative air spring correct? Any idea if using the so-called RC2X upgrade would change this? I'm not interested in converting the SL to a half coil fork. I'm just curious about the adding RC2X damping adjustability to the SL.
    ...Zilla, the SL already has the RC2 damper in the right leg. The PAR in the left leg (66SL) essentially acts like the second compression adjustment (high speed) of the RC2x.

Outcast
    guys, according to the Marz. owners manual, the X adjustment, which is a high speed end stroke compression adjustment, is adjusted from the top of the left leg. The SL model has it's negative chamber in the left leg. I think a call to marz. may be needed to surely answer the question, but I don't think you can have both features an SL left leg. Just a guess.
    For what it's worth, the left leg on the SL has the PAR feature, which isn't the same as the X feature, but may satisfy one's needs.

mtbr member

my understanding

SS,
    I read the short article you are talking about. The way I understood it is that the RC2 cart is in the right leg of all the 66 forks and the left leg differs...i.e. SL has the Air cart, LIGHT has the ETA cart, and RC2X has the X cart. The RC2X model has the RC2 cart in right leg and the X cart in the left leg. This dosn't sound right because teh RC2X is all coil.

From the article it sounds like you could easily turn the SL into a LIGHT, the LIGHT into RC2X, or the SL into the RC2X by purchasing teh different carts directly from Marz.

I am still sold on the SL, and very pleased with fork thus far. I also purchased Skullcracks AVY and I am super stoked on that purchase. The AVY is a sick shock, with amazing quality. I can't imagine the CCDB being any better...obviously more adjustable but not better.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR

From the article it sounds like you could easily turn the SL into a LIGHT, the LIGHT into RC2X, or the SL into the RC2X by purchasing teh different carts directly from Marz.
    Yeah, the same way it's always been with marzocchi.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.