Wicketed

Quick question: flux stays = 06 spot stays???

i've been thinking about changing the 6pack into a 5 pack, just because. i called the uk importer about it, who was really helpful, and said that flux stays are the same as the pre-07 spot stays, and he gave me a price for the flux ss and cs and 5spot rockers.

but it has got me thinking - the flux stays and spot rockers are quite a lot of s...i'm toying with the idea of holding fire, and saving for a complete flux frame. then i can have the 6pack for big days, the flux for long and fast days, and with a few twists of a torque wrench, have the 5pack (i'd need to get rockers still) for long and fun days.

or have i missed something that i'm not aware of????
    cheers
    SL
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I got my 5 Pack conversion bits from Turner direct as Roundel didn't really want to deal with it at the time, around June 06, maybe get a price from Turner just to compare and maybe take advantage of the exchange rate?

Duty is around 20% all in to the UK, I think it worked out around 450 for the full rear end, rockers, postage and duty. Not sure how that compares with Roundels price?

The 5 pack conversion is very, very good, it suits me much better than the stock 6 Pack
    "We're here for a good time not a long time"
    Colin McRae 1968-2007

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by swan lee
    ...the uk importer...said that flux stays are the same as the pre-07 spot stays, and he gave me a price for the flux ss and cs and 5spot rockers.

...or have i missed something that i'm not aware of?
    According to the '06 Turner catalog the Flux chainstay length (16.75") and the Spot chainstay length (16.9") are different. If this info is true, it seems like they would not be the same stays (although I'm not sure about the seatstay). Unless there is some other variable that comes into play that I'm unaware of when determining chainstay length. Maybe someone with a Flux and/or Spot can post an actual measurement to help clarify this.

Wicketed
    yeah, i need to be sure on this really, so any direct measurements would be really helpful. i always had the feeling that spot stays were more burly,..but the proof is in the millimetres.

paul - i remember seeing pics of your 5pack - that's what got me started down this line of thinking ;-)
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

numbers

The Flux and pre 07 Spot stays are the same. The chainstay lengths are changed with BB pivot location changes. Spot rockers from the 5.1's to the Push will all work. Have fun.

DT

Wicketed
    cheers DT, that's what i needed to know.
    i see a flux in my near future