long standing member

Question for East Coast Homers...well, actually Northeasterners

Do any of you guys know of any stocking Turner dealers in the Northeastern US? Anyplaces in PA, NY, NY, MA, VT? I'll be traveling a little this summer (Kingdom Trails and Central NY somewhere - input is welcome on that as well) and would love to get a test ride.

Yes, I know I've been talking about this for months .

So, where'd you boys get your Turners? What's the East Coast scoop? Thanks in advance.

Patrick

banned
    Yorktown Cycles in NY. Don't know the number. Several folks on this boardhave Turners and most likely they know about him.

Lay off the Levers
    I bought my 5 Spot form Tom at Yorktown Cycles. Outstanding Peeps. They're in Northern Westchester County 40 mins north of NYC. I ride with the WMBA crew JC linked to a fair bit.(not nearly enough though)

If you can't swing a dealer demo and you're in the area, PM me. I might be around to let you take a loop around Blue Mt. on mine.

For the way-up-north connection (MA VT) check out Esquire of Botique Bikes.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

fried stuff with cheese
    Revolution Cycles in Concord NH will give you a good price. I'm in the area and have a med 05 spot and a med 06 RFX. You are welcome to try either. I'm up at Kingdom Trails often enough. Concord is about two hours from there. If you plan a trip through let me know we can show you the local goods. Very nice riding in our neck of the woods.
    Egg

PSI
    I want that one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    I bought my 5 Spot form Tom at Yorktown Cycles. Outstanding Peeps. They're in Northern Westchester County 40 mins north of NYC. I ride with the WMBA crew JC linked to a fair bit.(not nearly enough though)

If you can't swing a dealer demo and you're in the area, PM me. I might be around to let you take a loop around Blue Mt. on mine.

For the way-up-north connection (MA VT) check out Esquire of Botique Bikes.
    I bought my frame (5 spot) from Boutique Bikes - very nice guys! for what it is worth they are in ME.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by poweraide
    I'm a fan of this shop, but they rarely have any Turner frames in stock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Where?

Most recently from both Cycle Works and Cycle Craft in NJ. On the downside, neither has any frames in stock right now.

banned
    Honestly, I think Turner needs to up his presence on this coast. I have suggested to DT via email that I could help get the word out as much as I can here, through some demo events, but I never heard back.

I honestly feel the east coast is Turner-Territory, but it's just that no one knows about them, and the dealers that can get them don't bother stocking or promoting one of the finest brands in the industry.

mtbr member

Turner stock issues?

2 of us convinced my friend to pony up for a new flux about 2 months ago....no one locally (NJ) had one and we got a great price from Larry and he plonked down a deposit but Larry still doesn't have an orange frame in stock to build up after 2 months of waiting..very disappointing for my friend.......When I got my 5 Spot 13 months ago I had a hell of a time tracking one down too.......

long standing member
    Thanks for all the reponses guys, I now have a few options to check out when the time comes. Hopefully someone will have something in stock that I can check out. ON the other hand, none of these places are that local to me (at all) and I wonder if I would just be better off going with a reputable online dealer when the time comes to make a decision.

Patrick

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    I'm a fan of this shop, but they rarely have any Turner frames in stock.

We are in the process of doing just that.

Greg
    Voltron