M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3

New question here. Question: BB for 5-spot

I plan on using some Taper Race Face Turbine LP cranks on a 5-spot. I know Turner recommends 73x113 BB, does this also applies to Taper and ISIS BB's?

Also, anyone here using a Ti BB on their bike? I was simply going to hunt down a good ol Shimano UN-91 BB, but was thinking of "maybe" trying a Ti BB?

Thanks for the help
    - Luc

mtbr member
    when did you get a 5 Spot and where are the pics? in Hammerhead's post, i mentioned a black 5 Spot with black Middleburns. for some reason, "Acadian" popped in my head after typing that.

you know, i have a question for you. the frame you sold a while back, was that an RFX or a DHR? i'm pretty set on getting a 5 Spot, but am kinda wondering if i should dig around for an RFX....

Lay off the Levers

I was wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    ... anyone here using a Ti BB on their bike? I was simply going to hunt down a good ol Shimano UN-91 BB, but was thinking of "maybe" trying a Ti BB?..
    Just curious but what's the draw on a Ti BB? No dis intended but on a stout trail bike wouldn't that just add more flex than save weight? I'd think that would be the last place to put Ti (cep't maybe the skewers). BTW I think people are getting fed-up with the ISIS BBs I've seen so many complaints. I have the toothed shimano and the new outboard shimano BBs and have been quite satisfied with them...if you're so inclined to consider them.

Cheers Gears and Beers.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by the Inbred
    when did you get a 5 Spot and where are the pics? in Hammerhead's post, i mentioned a black 5 Spot with black Middleburns. for some reason, "Acadian" popped in my head after typing that.

you know, i have a question for you. the frame you sold a while back, was that an RFX or a DHR? i'm pretty set on getting a 5 Spot, but am kinda wondering if i should dig around for an RFX....
    Sorry for the late reply...just got back form 4 days at Big Bear.

I got my 5-Spot last week but haven't had a chance to build her up yet. I also don't have a digital camera at the moment since mine went tits up and all my $$ is going in bikes right now I got the Silver one.

I would LOVE to get another set of Middleburn's, but they are pretty expensive and I already have a good set of cranks.

The frame I sold a while back was a SC V10...then bought the DHR. Both the RFX and 5-spot are equally nice...for what I want to do, the 5-spot was a better choice for me.