El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012

Question about the bushings......

Hello all!!!

Proud owner of a 2010 DW Flux. I was an avid mountain bikier back in the mid 90's...marriage and work sidetracked me from cycling, but I've recently revived my interest and I've always wanted a Turner.How things have changed so much technology wise in the last 15 years...but the joy of riding remains the same.

Had a question about the bushings ( I hope I'm getting the name of the part correct, the colorful yellow looking plastic ring that is in between each of the pivots.

Are they supposed to be snug and tight? I'm able to lift them and wiggle them a bit, but the read triangle remains stiff and play free. I'm wondering if they are alread worn...but I've ridden the bike less that 100 miles on pretty easy terrain.

Any info would be helpful, and I'm happy to be here!

Roger
    Here's a pic of my FLux! 120 fork 110...zero stem.....2.3 on the front, 2.1 on the back.....

Last edited by Fachiro1; 12-29-2012 at 08:32 PM.

El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012
    Hmmm......I'm thinking.......is the visible colored disc a dust cover? The bushing is actually the piece inside, under it?!?!?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Right on! That's it exactly. The ring is a seal to keep the muck out.

El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012
    Thank you!

Kiwi that Flew
    Quote Originally Posted by Fachiro1 View Post
    Thank you!
    Turner have some great 'tech' documents on the website such as http://www.turnerbikes.com/turner-pd...ch_journal.pdf

Welcome back to biking

Regards