Thread: Question ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Question ?

How stiff is the 5 spot rear compared to a titus? I don't wanna start a whole big thing here.. just a question for those that have time on both. I noticed on a freinds 5 that with one hand it was prety easy to squeeze the rear drop outs and get significant movement, but on a titus, they dont move. I know that most likely it means nothing, and with the rear wheel on it is a different story - that they are indeed very stiff, it was just something that i noticed. I know im probably gonna get wrecked for such a stupid question so forgive me.. Im bored - have not been able to ride in sometime so I'm reachin here. I am sure they are both equally as stiff - Just curious if anyone noticed a difference

Lay off the Levers
    You couldn't ride both when you did the squeeze test?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Having owned both, my impression was that they were equally stiff when brand new. However, I'm thinking the turners bushings will come out ahead in the long run, and are certainly less maintenance. My first set of bearings (at least the ones in the linkage plates) in my switchblade lasted less than 4 months of NW winter riding. That's typical for bearings, based on other frames I have owned. The bushings seem like a much better idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by abomb
    How stiff is the 5 spot rear compared to a titus? I don't wanna start a whole big thing here.. just a question for those that have time on both. I noticed on a freinds 5 that with one hand it was prety easy to squeeze the rear drop outs and get significant movement, but on a titus, they dont move. I know that most likely it means nothing, and with the rear wheel on it is a different story - that they are indeed very stiff, it was just something that i noticed. I know im probably gonna get wrecked for such a stupid question so forgive me.. Im bored - have not been able to ride in sometime so I'm reachin here. I am sure they are both equally as stiff - Just curious if anyone noticed a difference