mtbr member

Put a new Revelation on the Spot

A very nice replacement for the Pike. Revelation Team Dual Air with 20mm Maxle Light. It rides AMAZING, and doesn't look half bad either! Sorry for the flash, I got back late. If you look carefully, past the Brady Bunch fake lawn, you can see that the rear triangle came unpolished so the entire frame is raw and matching! first time I posted pics of my bike so I had to brag.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Which model pike did you have? How is the revelation in comparison?

mtbr member
    I had the Pike 454 Dual Air. A very nice piece of equipment. The Revelation is essentially the same technology as the Pike with some minor upgrades. It rides slightly better than the Pike on this bike. It feels like the Pike did on my MK. I think this bike just wants a 150mm fork. I noticed some brake pad rubbing when I turned aggressively on technical terrain. I need to make sure I have everything set up correctly before I go bashing it as a less stiff fork. Based on what I have read that is not the case. Overall I have zero buyer's remorse, which is rare.

tardcore
    The Revelation rocks. I put one on a month or so ago and the bike it perfect. I'd had run a Talas 150 and Lyric two step previously and feel the Rev is the perfect fork for the DubSpot. Enjoy that fork, sweet ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hmm

Decision time for me. I bought a spot last week and am building it up now - just waiting for a Hope disk brake mount and some new cables. All the rest of the build is being transferred from my old frame (on one ti456).

I have a less than a year old pair of Pike 454 dual air in perfect condition that I was going to sell and bought a 2010 Rev 150 as a replacement for the spot, mainly because the head angle of the spot was a little steeper than I was used to when I tested it and thought it might make a difference. However with the two forks in my sweating little mitts I'm struggling to justify the purchase. The Rev is slightly lighter but it's marginal - I can't tell when holding them but the scales say it is a bit lighter. If you buy a 5 spot rather than one of the lighter alternatives, weight should not be your main concern surely? A 250-300 hit between what I'll get for the pikes and the cost of the Revs just does not seem justifiable for 9mm of axle to crown height (0.4 Deg head angle?). I might just send them back....

I had considered the Lyriks, but I know I'm a wheels on the ground kind of rider at heart and (going against everything I just wrote above about weight!) I could not justify the extra weight when it will spend most of its time as a trail bike rather than trying to be "all mountain" - whatever that means!

Thoughts?

p.s. I'm Ben - proud new Turner owner!
    Last edited by Ben S; 04-16-2010 at 05:51 AM.

ride
    I think that's better than a couch shot, John. AC unit, astroturf, hose. You've set a new standard Bike looks great, too.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    The 2010 Rev is a great fork for the 5 spot. I have had one for a year and I have been really pleased with the fork.

trail fairy
    Sweet Spot I dig it and good info on the Rev over he Pike, also had a Pike 454Uturn air though loved that fork, enjoy
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Moosehead
    +1, glad to see you did the boob job to match the rear end.

mtbr member
    Very Nice! And I also switched from a Pike on my MKIII to a Revelation...Love it.

Hate Costs Money