MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Nightriding rules SuperModerator

MK_
    carpe maņana
    nm, directed at the wrong person.

_MK
    Last edited by MK_; 05-08-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Better be ready to wait a month or more

I have been waiting almost three weeks and my fork is still not being worked on. Oh, well, luckily I have another bike.

Jaybo
    Last edited by Jaybo; 05-09-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I have been waiting almost three weeks and my fork is still not being worked on. Oh, well, luckily I have other bikes.

Jaybo

They are scheduling appointments now. So you don't have to send in your shock early and have it sit there. You can now ride it till a few days before your appointment.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

DGC
    mtbr member

Get Pushed

I have been waiting almost three weeks and my fork is still not being worked on. Oh, well, luckily I have other bikes.

Jaybo
    It is so worth the wait.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OUCH...!!!!!!

gravity curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by DGC
    It is so worth the wait.
    I completely agree.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

It is okay

Quote Originally Posted by DGC
    It is so worth the wait.
    I've been riding my HT 29er and having a blast! A bit rough on rocky trails but the big wheels are so fun. I hope I still like my Spot once I get the fork back from Push.

Jaybo
    Last edited by Jaybo; 05-09-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Bodhisattva
    I've been riding my HT 29er and having a blast! A bit rough on rocky trails but the big wheels are so fun. I hope I still like my Turner once I get the fork back from Push.

Jaybo
    Say it with me Jaybo....don't hold back....

[SIZE="7"]SULTAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
    Life....the original terminal illness

Amphibious Technologies
    I agree 650B rulz

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

It is like a switch came on

Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Say it with me Jaybo....don't hold back....

[SIZE="7"]SULTAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
    I'm thinking that way. I'm really enjoying the 29er experience, but it took a while for me to fall in love. It is like the girl you date and you are so so on her and one day you realize you are too damn ugly for anyone else and that you can't live without her. I still like the feel of big travel in technical terrain but the 29er is so comfy and fun. I rode a large Sultan but it is way too big. By the way, original poster, sorry to highjack your thread.

Jaybo

Bodhisattva
    I'm thinking that way. I'm really enjoying the 29er experience, but it took a while for me to fall in love. It is like the girl you date and you are so so on her and one day you realize you are too damn ugly for anyone else and that you can't live without her. I still like the feel of big travel in technical terrain but the 29er is so comfy and fun. I rode a large Sultan but it is way too big. By the way, original poster, sorry to highjack your thread.

Jaybo

If you think HT 29ers are fun, wait until you try a dualie

Amphibious Technologies
    ..., wait until you try a dualie
    Uh, he already has...

gravity curmudgeon
    Uh oh. Sounds like the 29er borg organism has assimilated squeaky. Who will they get to next? Where is captain jean-luc picard and his 26er enterprise when you need them?

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdog
    Uh oh. Sounds like the 29er borg organism has assimilated squeaky. Who will they get to next? Where is captain jean-luc picard and his 26er enterprise when you need them?
    Jay Carpenter is Captain.
    I was assimilated a year ago.
    Even Tscheezy has become one.

Resistance is futile

And Fo is this dude
    Last edited by The Squeaky Wheel; 05-09-2008 at 11:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Here's a sort of related question

If I want my 3 year old Reba just rebuilt, is sending it to PUSH and getting the $150 basic treatment give me more (what the heck does that mean??) than just having my LBS do a fork service for around $80? I always get the Factory Tune on my Fox shocks but, since I don't race or bomb downhill bigtime (no surprise there) I'm hesitant to order the Factory Tune on the Reba. I mean, it's already supple on small bumps...

You know, I've never typed out the word "supple". Weird.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    If I want my 3 year old Reba just rebuilt, is sending it to PUSH and getting the $150 basic treatment give me more (what the heck does that mean??) than just having my LBS do a fork service for around $80? I always get the Factory Tune on my Fox shocks but, since I don't race or bomb downhill bigtime (no surprise there) I'm hesitant to order the Factory Tune on the Reba. I mean, it's already supple on small bumps...

I think the best thing to is call them and talk to them about ya riding!

This mod in particular for the PIKE seems to be more centered to hard AM type riding, and a certain ride characteristic not a full make over fit for everyone!

thy would be best to advise since its there mod, Im just putting it out there for PIKE owners who might want this, personally for me, I like to be able to tune my fork for various situations e.g someone else might ride it whos a different weight to me, I can tune it to suit!

For that 10% high end difference its not gonna be a deal breaker for me! I still think its good that they are no doing this though, and who knows, also we are down under and they don't do international they got enough of you guys to keep happy

So if ya happy just get a regular service, don't FIX what aint BROKEN

just my 2c bud
    Chur
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I had the Factory Tune done on my Reba last fall. I found that the fork doesn't dive nearly as much and makes the bike (a Flux) much more controlled through rough stuff at speed. The trade-off is that some of the low speed suppleness is lost. It's a worthwhile upgrade IMO.

No, that's not phonetic
    Even Tscheezy has become one.
    Correction: I "have" one, that is not the same as "becoming" one.

In fact, I had it in my hands for about 12 hours and then I sent it to Endo Rando. He would be the next Borg in line.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    First, is the service lead time issue which we've recently addressed with our new scheduling system and additional techs which are coming on line. It bothers us as much as it does are customers.

1. Your fork is disassembled, measured, inspected, reassembled, and dyno'd by a trained suspension technician who has an intimate working knowledge of the product. Once completed, the fork is then inspected and dyno'd by a second technician who has to confirm that it has been built and meets our high standards of operation. This ensures that you're good to go from ride one.2. Your stock plastic seal housing and rubber rod seal are replaced with our dual guide bearing design, CNC machined aluminum housing with upgraded rod seal. This is a PUSH exclusive product that not only increases seal-ability and reduces friction, but also provides a more consistent feel to the end stroke of the fork.3. Using another PUSH exclusive process, we modify the compression assembly to decrease the "gap" found in some motion control units providing a smoother more "seamless" feel to the damping circuits. 4. If a Dual Air U-Turn Model, a secondary CNC machined aluminum dual bearing guide seal housing is added to the air tube. Also utilizing an upgraded urethane rod seal. 5. Oil viscosity and volume are specifically selected based on rider weight and application, not by what might be on the shelf. 6. Lastly, expert staff always on hand to help with questions and setup.

I still think its good that they are no doing this though, and who knows, also we are down under and they don't do international they got enough of you guys to keep happy
    Rumor has it there's something serious brewing "down under".

Darren

mtbr member
    This mod in particular for the PIKE seems to be more centered to hard AM type riding, and a certain ride characteristic not a full make over fit for everyone!
    I would disagree. As Acadian wrote in the Pinkbike article, it's important that people specify if their preference is geared towards comfort, or control. Because the RS forks utilize a large volume piston design on both compression and rebound, we have a lot more range of tune-ability.

Darren

trail fairy
    Awesome Darren,

Chur for stopping by and giving us some more insight, appreciated
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

DGC
    mtbr member

PUSH guts

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy

Push guts? Thats a wierd one. The RS system they use is very sweet top quality stuff. I have a Pike with the PUSH tune, see my picture above in previous post. I had to have my crown replaced a few weeks after having the fork done at PUSH. So I took the thing apart to move everything over from the old crown assembly to the new one. The internals are a beauty. Extremenly well thought out and built (PUSH). If you cant picture what Darren is describing in his post, trust me it is well worth just by having CNC'd metal parts in place of plastic stock ones.
    Now how about that "I dont race or bomb downhill bigtime" .....I'm not hard enough rider/I dont need it expression.
    You dont get the same tune as you might think in a generic sense, kinda like everyone else gets in a stock fork. You get a fork tuned to exactly your weight, and riding style etc. Its a true pro factory tune just for you.
    The ride? .........Beats the stock ride by much more than I anticipated, never thought I needed it before hand either. And I dont need it. But there is a clear performance advantage, and it is well worth having. Once you have it, you will wonder why you did not do it sooner. It is sometimes disappointing to spend good money on a fork and get a generic and lacking tune with plastic parts inside. The great thing is everyday riders can clearly feel the advantage. It dont take break neck speeds to feel the front end in more control and be glued to the dirt.
    Enough people have raved about PUSH, I dont need to go on any longer, just step up and do it, your riding will appreciate it..!!!!!!

P.S. One more thing xcguy, I work and manage a shop. I paid money for the PUSH treatment just like everyone else here, and gladly so.
    OUCH...!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Just to clarify here

I don't need to be sold on the full Factory tune on Fox shocks (Float R, RP3 etc), I've got 5 of them! What's not clear to me, though, is: are Darren's explanation and DGC's testimonial describing the $150 RS rebuild? Or the $215 Factory Tune?

The $150 Factory Tune on my RP3s etc was a no-brainer. There is no "and the difference between stock and the Factory Tune really becomes evident at speed", the difference is night and day at any speed. Darren mentions putting in oil viscosity and volume based on the rider's weight and riding style--that combined with the PUSH-specific seals would say to me that just the $150 basic rebuild would be all I'd need. Yeah?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Wiz
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Good job! Push'd Pike

Digg'n my Intense 5.5 w/Push'd Pike U-Turn w/remote & Push'd Rp23. & kindly don't tread on me Turner Boyz & Girls, the new build is a Highline w/Push'd DHX. And as earlier post indicated, back up bikes are a nessesity...& I never seem to mind throwing a leg over the Salsa w/Push'd Fox Talas. Say it together, "Can we mere mortals have a Push'd Totem, Darren?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast