mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Pushed 2009 Revelation 426 VS. 2011 Talas Terralogic 140

I have a 2009 Revelation 426 in perfect condition. I'm planning to install this fork on my recently acquired dw link turner spot. Would the fork action of the revelation match the advanced suspension dynamics of a dw spot? I'm afraid that this fork may be too "simple" for the frame.

I'm planning to have this fork pushed (factory fork system) and probably give new life to the revelation. Will this be a good option or do I just buy a 2011 fox terralogic? Was thinking that a customed tuned fork would be better than a run-of-the-mill fox even if it has all the bells and whistles. But I don't know anything.

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

CS

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by crudscraper
    I have a 2009 Revelation 426 in perfect condition. I'm planning to install this fork on my recently acquired dw link turner spot. Would the fork action of the revelation match the advanced suspension dynamics of a dw spot? I'm afraid that this fork may be too "simple" for the frame.

I'm planning to have this fork pushed (factory fork system) and probably give new life to the revelation. Will this be a good option or do I just buy a 2011 fox terralogic? Was thinking that a customed tuned fork would be better than a run-of-the-mill fox even if it has all the bells and whistles. But I don't know anything.

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

CS
    That fork is not too simple for that frame, plus if you get it PUSH'd they replace the internals with their own so it effectively becomes a 2011 PUSH'd Revelation. I'd take the PUSH'd Revelation over the Fox any day for the type of riding I do.

nocturnal oblivion
    The Rev 426 stock is very adjustable, buttery, and uses all it's travel. Keep it, it's a great fork. Give it a rebuild at home, it's easy. Search Youtube for direction. I've always been wary of sending a fork to Push, they do wonders for rear shocks but on the forks my impression is it's basically a rebuild with better adjustability to the rebound. The Rev is already very tunable, so why not do the rebuild yourself. Send your rear shock to Push instead.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I found just the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble
    The Rev 426 stock is very adjustable, buttery, and uses all it's travel. Keep it, it's a great fork. Give it a rebuild at home, it's easy. Search Youtube for direction. I've always been wary of sending a fork to Push, they do wonders for rear shocks but on the forks my impression is it's basically a rebuild with better adjustability to the rebound. The Rev is already very tunable, so why not do the rebuild yourself. Send your rear shock to Push instead.
    The rear shocks are no big deal but is revolutionizes a fork. But each to their own experience. Revelation is a great fork!

mtbr member
    That depends on what you're expecting from the suspension. Since you consider Push'ing the Rev, I guess you like plush yet effective ride. From this point of view Revelation seems to be much better choice - Fox will be very effective, but forget about plushness and comfort.