Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Team Sanchez

Push'd DHX????????????????

Anybody heard anthing lately about the DHX kits from Push? They were supposed to be ready to go a couple of weeks ago, but not a peep. I was hoping to have mine done by the time Moab rolls around at the end of April!

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Anybody heard anthing lately about the DHX kits from Push? They were supposed to be ready to go a couple of weeks ago, but not a peep. I was hoping to have mine done by the time Moab rolls around at the end of April!
    No idea, El C, but what's with the new avatar? I didn't know you were a Freddie Mercury fan.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Team Sanchez
    Freddy Mercury? Well I am a fan, but you don't know your pop culture very well. This is a pic of Danny Trejo from the movie Desperado. Check your e-mails Bob. Ride tomorrow at 6:15 AM.

Bodhisattva
    PUSH website says "coming in March" so they still have 9 days
    Life....the original terminal illness

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Yup, March........2010.

Do It Yourself

Sorry...

Sorry but the PUSH 5.5 Spot kit is MUCH more important.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    TF tuned (UK Push dealer) newsletter said they were in the post to the UK, I'm hoping that ain't on a banana boat via Hong Kong!

Bike Snob

Yo mama

Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    . This is a pic of Danny Trejo from the movie Desperado.
    Dude, thats Danny Trejo? I thought it was your mom.

Team Sanchez
    Now that's not nice. I thought it was off limits for midgets to make mama jokes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    So that'll be 3 days! anyone heard anything?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    11 hours (12 for you West coasters) and counting....

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    11 hours (12 for you West coasters) and counting....
    I just called Las Vegas and checked the odds on this. From what they've disclosed to me on the betting, there aren't a lot of folks betting on Darren to come through in the eleventh hour.

mtbr member

5:06 pm MST

The CNC guys are sending the final pieces that we're waiting on via Overnight Saturday delivery. No worries, Sea Otter isn't for 5 more days.

As for production kits, the rest of the parts will go to plating on Monday and the kits will slowly start being released to the public the following week when I get back from Otter.

Thanks for your continued patience and rude remarks!!

Darren

mtbr member
    TF tuned (UK Push dealer) newsletter said they were in the post to the UK, I'm hoping that ain't on a banana boat via Hong Kong!
    Tim is flying over next week and staying with me for five days. We'll be going over the DHX stuff while he's here. His kits will be shipped via air freight after next week as well.

Darren

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    The CNC guys are sending the final pieces that we're waiting on via Overnight Saturday delivery. No worries, Sea Otter isn't for 5 more days.

As for production kits, the rest of the parts will go to plating on Monday and the kits will slowly start being released to the public the following week when I get back from Otter.

Darren
    So sounds like late April then right?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Tim is flying over next week and staying with me for five days. We'll be going over the DHX stuff while he's here. His kits will be shipped via air freight after next week as well.

Darren
    Cheers Darren, I spoke to Tim this week and he said he was heading your way, have a good Sea Otter, I'll bug Tim in a couple weeks time

banned

Darren
    very nice!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Sorry for digging it up......

Apologies for dragging the bones of this old thread back up.

I would really like the chance to get the mods made to the DHX and only have to spend the cash once this summer, getting the service and mods at the same time, does ANYONE know what is happening ?

I go for a two week break to Spain in the beginning of July and need to get the shock seen to before then, anyone fancy my chances?

I know there are a couple of chaps in the know here and Push (probably sick to the back teeth of all the emails they are recieving on it,) are not responding. Are there problems with the kits? Or are they taking anticipation too far? i.e. they'll loose peoples service work as they will end up getting servicing done by Fox this year?

Questions, questions, questions, ANY news would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

D

Outcast
    I'm not making excuses for Push industries, but per my last phone conversation with Darren, here is the abbreviated version. Push's delivery of the dhx upgrade, as well as the development of other product lines, has been drastically affected by late deliveries and out of spec. parts from outside suppliers. Like many bussinesses, outside vendors can ruin your plans. Darren quoted me a number reflected how much money he has lost this year alone because of this, and it was shocking. To alleviate this situation, he is bringing manufacturing in house, through the purchase of a CNC lathe and milling machine. While that won't elleviate the backlog for several weeks, in the long run it will make his bussiness more stable in the future.
    Also, if you want a reply from push; they are easiest to reach via telephone. E-mail responses are much slower.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Renny, thanks for the response, I'm aware they have suffered from outside influences and fully empathise with the issues of sub contracting machine work out, I did it for several years before bringing it in house, just getting desperate

I'll just have to trust life and see if they become available before I go, how are you finding yours by the way, or did I imagine that picture of you rubbing it in?

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dava
    how are you finding yours by the way, or did I imagine that picture of you rubbing it in?
    No, you weren't imagining it; I have one, and I was rubbing it in! I like mine a lot, I like it more each ride. I can't wait for the ski resorts to open up for dh biking this summer. I think this shock will be awesome in that terrain.
    For the record; I obtained my upgraded shock ahead of most folk as the result of doing Darren a favor. He had enough compliant parts [one of the outside machine shops made an entire lot of parts to a down-rev'ed drawing!] to build mine for me, which he offered to do in return. Of course I jumped on it!

Knomer
    What is so horribly wrong with the stock dhx?

Oh, I think I know, it's "stock".

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms

There's nothing wrong with your fox alps5.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    The out of specification part's are a pain , but at least the QC of PUSH picked them up.
    He has a reputation to maintain afterall, CTD (I believe) and I are going to get the goods in the next week or so
    Stay off the brakes

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms

Still driving your Ford model T and washing your clothes on a stone? I think not!

It's called progression and for it to work, people need to believe in it and try it, I just don't have the luxury or the cash to service the stock shock and give the PUSH one a try

Stock is great, but maybe, just maybe, if I give the PUSH a go, it'll work better, afterall I do use hydraulic brakes and clipless pedals, how do you find the trails on your Penny Farthing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast