Results 1 to 71 of 71
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kendogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    765

    PUSH Rockers Rock!!!

    I received my new rockers and shock from Push last week, and cannot believe the difference they've made with my bike. I've been sick so I had not had the chance to test em out until yesterday. I took a spin over to National and Javelina trails on So. Mountian, and was amazed at my new found ability to climb up stuff I've never been able to get up before. Maybe I don't suck as bad as I thought. Also the shock feels extremely plush, yet the o-ring shows I still had a third of travel to use. The bike no longer wanders around with the pike on the front, and the front end actually goes wherever I point it! The rockers seem to make the back end feel a bit stiffer in the turns as well, not that it was real sloppy before. The Spot also feels much faster now, as if it is getting more power in the forward direction. Now I just need to get the DHX-A and rockers up on Ebay.
    Even though they weren't cheap, Push saved me a bundle, as I was thinking I was going to pick up a new rfx for this season. This worked out for the better, as I don't think I would've pushed the rfx anywhere near what it was made for. My local trails can be pretty rugged and the extra BB clearance is awesome. If any of you are on the fence as to whether or not to get the rockers, do it!

  2. #2
    Do It Yourself
    Reputation: Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,721
    What fork are your using? Anyone using the PUSH rockers with 130mm?
    Long Live Long Rides

  3. #3
    Amphibious Technologies
    Reputation: SCUBAPRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,472
    Agreed! Push rockers rock!!!
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kendogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    What fork are your using? Anyone using the PUSH rockers with 130mm?
    I've been running a Pike Dual Air for a while now. I'm not sure if the 130 would feel twitchy. It doesn't sound like much, but 140 made my stock spot wonder around a bit on technical climbs, so the opposite might hold true.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8

    Glad to see the positive reviews

    I have a set of rockers on order and I just sent in my RP3 to get re-PUSHED. I have an '05 Spot with 5.3 rockers and TALAS 130. The 130 is a pain in the ass to dial down on the climbs...14 clicks. I plan to install a TALAS 140 so 3 click dialing down for climbs will be much better.

    I'm glad to see the positive reviews of the PUSH rockers, but I'm still a bit anxious about making the mods...just because I don't want to screw up the sweet ride. Glad to see that you think climbing has improved.

    I asked PUSH to remove the aluminum eyelet mount reducer because I didn't have a bolt extractor...while they were at it, they also installed the upper mounting pin for me. They were nice enough to call me to double check....really excellent service.

    I also asked if these were the last batch of the rockers, as I've read on this forum that they were not going to carry them any longer, and they told me that was not the case, and they intended to continue to offer them.

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    can someone get the i to i dimensions of them, or put them in front of standard 5.3 and 5.5 rockers and post a pic on the rockers thread under the best of/faq section?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    can someone get the i to i dimensions of them, or put them in front of standard 5.3 and 5.5 rockers and post a pic on the rockers thread under the best of/faq section?
    If no one else posts the PUSH rocker info by the time I get mine I'll do it. With any luck they'll be here today.


  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Thanks a bunch. A side by side comparison might be very helpful, in addition to the i to i.

    I'm also wondering about those with full RFX's using them.

  9. #9
    I think I need to Upgrade
    Reputation: AzSpeedfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    Maybe I don't suck as bad as I thought.

    Trust me you do still suck. .

  10. #10
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,954

    Here ya go

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    can someone get the i to i dimensions of them, or put them in front of standard 5.3 and 5.5 rockers and post a pic on the rockers thread under the best of/faq section?
    I posted this right after I got them, but re-posting was easier than finding the old post

    Those are 5.3 rockers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Astigmatic Visionary

  11. #11
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,747

    Gotta agree

    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    I received my new rockers and shock from Push last week, and cannot believe the difference they've made with my bike. I've been sick so I had not had the chance to test em out until yesterday. I took a spin over to National and Javelina trails on So. Mountian, and was amazed at my new found ability to climb up stuff I've never been able to get up before. Maybe I don't suck as bad as I thought. Also the shock feels extremely plush, yet the o-ring shows I still had a third of travel to use. The bike no longer wanders around with the pike on the front, and the front end actually goes wherever I point it! The rockers seem to make the back end feel a bit stiffer in the turns as well, not that it was real sloppy before. The Spot also feels much faster now, as if it is getting more power in the forward direction. Now I just need to get the DHX-A and rockers up on Ebay.
    Even though they weren't cheap, Push saved me a bundle, as I was thinking I was going to pick up a new rfx for this season. This worked out for the better, as I don't think I would've pushed the rfx anywhere near what it was made for. My local trails can be pretty rugged and the extra BB clearance is awesome. If any of you are on the fence as to whether or not to get the rockers, do it!
    I put mine on and have been having some fun. The bike is so much more plush and balanced now with the Pike up front. The only thing that bugs me is the bike looks like a Moment when I look down at it when I'm climbing .

    Jaybo

  12. #12
    aka Dick Dangle
    Reputation: it hurts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    196

    who runs two rings?

    does everyone run two rings up front with there Rockers,I heard dustybottom says their a problem with this setup?thanks

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    103
    Hey,
    That's the first thing I thought too when I got them mounted and took a good look at the bike. Sh%T ! It kind of looks like an elsworth.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G-AIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,509

    shock eye size

    A little off topic but maybe you guys can help.

    I just received my PUSH rockers and I was going to run an AVY shock with them. Small problem....the eye size on the AVY is different thhan on the FOX shocks. The mounting pin that comes with the rockers is made for the FOX shocks. The pin will not slide through the AVY's eye.

    Do you guys have any suggestions???

    I put the rockers on last night with the RP3, and will see how the bike feels on todays ride. Looking forward to trying them out, but I really wanted to try them with the AVY.

    Thanks,
    TG

  15. #15
    Amphibious Technologies
    Reputation: SCUBAPRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    Small problem....the eye size on the AVY is different thhan on the FOX shocks. The mounting pin that comes with the rockers is made for the FOX shocks. The pin will not slide through the AVY's eye.

    Do you guys have any suggestions???
    Yes, ask Craig to make you reducers that will fit the Push Rockers or ask Darren if he can make one for you.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Prof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,165
    The eye bolt assembly is designed for fox as you have found, you need to talk to Avy as to a fix I'm afraid, try the thing with the Fox I think you will be impressed, I was but it was a Pushed RP3.
    Will new bushes fit?
    Sounds like you need to get the verner calipers out, sorry.
    Stay off the brakes

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    the eye size on the AVY is different thhan on the FOX shocks. The mounting pin that comes with the rockers is made for the FOX shocks. The pin will not slide through the AVY's eye.
    I couldn't get the pin on the RP3 w/o a bench vice. It should be a snug fit. But I don't know anything about the Avy. Did the pin slide in by hand on your RP3? It shouldn't.


  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    299
    Larry sent my PUSH rockers & PUSH'd RP23 a couple of days ago. Should be with me next week (international). Did anyone have any issues fitting them?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Prof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalhead
    Larry sent my PUSH rockers & PUSH'd RP23 a couple of days ago. Should be with me next week (international). Did anyone have any issues fitting them?


    Keep the seat post pivot bolts slack until the shock is installed and use plenty of thread lock on the shock bolts.
    The seals would be better as O rings, imho.

    Fine peace of engineering, enjoy
    Stay off the brakes

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G-AIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,509

    more info

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde S Dale
    I couldn't get the pin on the RP3 w/o a bench vice. It should be a snug fit. But I don't know anything about the Avy. Did the pin slide in by hand on your RP3? It shouldn't.
    Clyde,
    The pin is snug but I slid it through the eye by hand with little difficulty. Is that a bad thing that it slid in by hand? The AVY is way off and I will need to talk to PUSH or Craig at AVY I guess.

    PROF,
    I am using an older PUSH RP3 right now. For those of you with this set up, is it worth getting it revalved again for the new rockers? What are verner calipers? I was pretty impressed with the PUSH RP3, but I am still wanting to try the AVY!!!!

    My first ride with the rockers was today (OC - Cholla, Lynx, 5 Oaks). I was impressed. They felt great. Not surprising, the bike felt right inbetween the spot and my old 6pack on the way down. I could definitley feel an improvement in plushness and control over the 5.3" rockers. I did not feel any negatives on the climbs.

    Thanks for all the info.
    TG

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    Clyde,
    The pin is snug but I slid it through the eye by hand with little difficulty. Is that a bad thing that it slid in by hand?
    If the pin slid in by hand its an indication that your current eyelet bearing is worn, not necessarily worn out, but certainly wearing. At some point you'll have to install a new one.

    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    What are verner calipers?



    The bottom set of arms measures outside diameters and top set measure inside diameters. The vernier part is the sliding scales that are read together.


    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    My first ride with the rockers was today (OC - Cholla, Lynx, 5 Oaks)... I did not feel any negatives on the climbs.
    Good set of trails. I frequently use Lynx and Five Oaks to test suspension setups. I also like to do Rock-It down and up, the rock garden section is great. I've only got one ride on my PUSH rockers (Maple Springs to Silverado Motorway) and I had to use the + setting on my stock RP3 (oem with the Five Spot) because of annoying bob over washboarded climbs. I never used or needed the + setting with the 5.1 rockers.
    Last edited by Clyde S Dale; 02-03-2007 at 11:20 PM.


  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    can someone get the i to i dimensions of them, or put them in front of standard 5.3 and 5.5 rockers and post a pic on the rockers thread under the best of/faq section?
    JC, I hope at least part of this is what you were looking for. I measured from the center of the upper shock mount bolt to the center of seatstay pivot bolt:

    stock Turner 5.1: 8 1/2 in.
    PUSH: 9 3/8 in.

    The second photo lines up the ST pivot and the upper shock mount.

    The very bottom photo I snagged from a PUSH pdf file. The rockers that are shipping now ("bossless") no longer utilize a secondary set of seals.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    That's perfect!

    Do you want to add it to the rockers thread, or should I and quote you?

  24. #24
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by it hurts
    does everyone run two rings up front with there Rockers,I heard dustybottom says their a problem with this setup?thanks
    The setup issue has little to do with what rockers or derailleur you choose. On pre 07 Turner frames you have to keep the front derailleur in 3 ring position even if you were running a 2 ring setup, otherwise it would hit the chainstay at full compression.

    At my suggestion, Turner has remedied the problem in 07 by implementing an asymetrical chainstay design(drive side stay is dropped).

  25. #25
    aka Dick Dangle
    Reputation: it hurts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    196

    dusty dirty bottom

    so you get more chain slap running a two ring setup? thanks dirty bottom

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    That's perfect!

    Do you want to add it to the rockers thread, or should I and quote you?
    Added it to the rocker thread.


  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zion Rasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,421

    New question here. Pushed Rockers with 130mm fork

    Have any of you ran the Pushed rockers with a 130mm fork?

    I have a 2005 spot with the 5.3 rockers (I think). I have a 2005 fox RLC fork 130mm. The current set up wonders around on steep climbs more than a UAW operator about to go on break.

    I was thinking of getting a Pike with the pushed rockers. So here are my questions:

    1. Would the push rockers work with a 130mm fork making the bike more stable in the climbs?

    2. Do I need to re-valve my pushed RP3 with the pudh rockers? I weigh 185 and 195 with gear. The shock is set up for a 220lb rider.

    3. Do the rockers slow down the bike? Does it get slower on the climbs?

    4. Is 0.45" worth the performance change?

    I got a new flux so I would like to separate the flux and the spot a bit more.

    Thanks for your help.
    Sit and spin my ass...

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Prof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,165
    If you want to better discrimination between the Flux and the Spot then the Pikes and the Push rockers are the best way to go.
    I personally would not fit the rockers if I had a 130 fork on the front, the balance and steering would be wrong.
    I loved the Pike 454 air U turn and the Rockers together.
    A revalve of the rear Rp3 is not compulsory but ... it is better after the revalve (I tried both)
    The revalved shock has more Propedal platform, but because the leverage ratio is higher the rear is still plush.
    Contact Push and see if you can do a package deal, Rocker kit, Pushed Rp23 and a Pushed Pike.
    It wonít hurt to ask

    Clyde S Dale, Thanks for posting the Pic and not correcting me on my spelling
    Stay off the brakes

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G-AIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Zion Rasta
    Have any of you ran the Pushed rockers with a 130mm fork?

    I have a 2005 spot with the 5.3 rockers (I think). I have a 2005 fox RLC fork 130mm. The current set up wonders around on steep climbs more than a UAW operator about to go on break.

    I was thinking of getting a Pike with the pushed rockers. So here are my questions:

    1. Would the push rockers work with a 130mm fork making the bike more stable in the climbs?

    2. Do I need to re-valve my pushed RP3 with the pudh rockers? I weigh 185 and 195 with gear. The shock is set up for a 220lb rider.

    3. Do the rockers slow down the bike? Does it get slower on the climbs?

    4. Is 0.45" worth the performance change?

    I got a new flux so I would like to separate the flux and the spot a bit more.

    Thanks for your help.
    1. If you get the rockers, get a new fork. I think you will be blown away replacing your Fox with a PIKE or Marz Z1 (20mm is the way to go at your weight). It will be stiffer, plusher, and improve your angles for the downhills.
    2. Wondering this myself. Mine feels pretty good right now. Since your RP3 was never valved for you to begin with, I think it would be worth it.
    3.My bike still feels great on the climbs.
    4. I think the increase in travel is worth it, especially if you already have a Flux.

    New rockers, 140mm fork, slightly beefier tire will make it feel like a different bike, and seperate the flux and spot.

    Good Luck.
    TG

  30. #30
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by it hurts
    so you get more chain slap running a two ring setup? thanks dirty bottom
    No, I don't get MORE chain slap running 2 rings since I leave the derailleur in 3 ring position. I'm just saying you could get even LESS chain slap if you could lower the derailleur without hitting the chainstay at full compression. This is now possible with the 07 asym stays.

  31. #31
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,373
    After riding Push Rockers version 1.0 for the last 6 months, I am now riding the bossless version 1.1. I will report back with the major differences in ride characteristics after a few rides.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kendogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    765
    I can't believe none of you have snapped up that pair of push rockers from ebay. No they're not mine, but that's a hella good price.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PUSHIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,961
    just received my PUSH rockers and I was going to run an AVY shock with them. Small problem....the eye size on the AVY is different thhan on the FOX shocks. The mounting pin that comes with the rockers is made for the FOX shocks. The pin will not slide through the AVY's eye.

    Do you guys have any suggestions???
    Unfortunately the mount system is custom for the Rockers. Craig could make it, it would just be a matter of cost. Craig and I are quite friendly, so if you wanted to pursue it I'd be happy to provide the engineering documents to him.

    After riding Push Rockers version 1.0 for the last 6 months, I am now riding the bossless version 1.1. I will report back with the major differences in ride characteristics after a few rides.
    There is no difference in function, just manufacture and assembly.

    Darren

  34. #34
    Roy
    Roy is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    After riding Push Rockers version 1.0 for the last 6 months, I am now riding the bossless version 1.1. I will report back with the major differences in ride characteristics after a few rides.
    There is no difference in function, just manufacture and assembly.
    Now why would you save him from making a fool of himself speaking to the dramatic differences? It's humorous to see how he's really no different from the Homers that he so loves.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    What's funnier still is the weak parody of what he thinks a Homer would do when in fact no Homer would be stupid enough to make the comparison he suggests.


  36. #36
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    There is no difference in function, just manufacture and assembly.

    Darren
    I would expect you of ALL people to understand my sense of humor by now. However, I understand your desire to clarify the situation as to avoid a flood of calls by uneducated version 1.0 owners.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: miles e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    I would expect you of ALL people to understand my sense of humor by now.
    I thought it was funny. And that's coming from someone who's grown weary of all the Homer/Turner bashing as of late.
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

  38. #38
    Roy
    Roy is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    I would expect you of ALL people to understand my sense of humor by now. However, I understand your desire to clarify the situation as to avoid a flood of calls by uneducated version 1.0 owners.

    Riiiiiggghhttt. Not a bad exhibition of dancing - not sure how you do it with both feet in your mouth - but nice try nonetheless.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof
    Clyde S Dale, Thanks for posting the Pic and not correcting me on my spelling
    Hadn't noticed the spelling till now. I use a vernier device to set geometry on my phono cartridge (no, nothing from Linn---yet).


  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TNT-Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    418

    What Rear Shock?

    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    I received my new rockers and shock from Push last week, and cannot believe the difference they've made with my bike. I've been sick so I had not had the chance to test em out until yesterday. I took a spin over to National and Javelina trails on So. Mountian, and was amazed at my new found ability to climb up stuff I've never been able to get up before. Maybe I don't suck as bad as I thought. Also the shock feels extremely plush, yet the o-ring shows I still had a third of travel to use. The bike no longer wanders around with the pike on the front, and the front end actually goes wherever I point it! The rockers seem to make the back end feel a bit stiffer in the turns as well, not that it was real sloppy before. The Spot also feels much faster now, as if it is getting more power in the forward direction. Now I just need to get the DHX-A and rockers up on Ebay.
    Even though they weren't cheap, Push saved me a bundle, as I was thinking I was going to pick up a new rfx for this season. This worked out for the better, as I don't think I would've pushed the rfx anywhere near what it was made for. My local trails can be pretty rugged and the extra BB clearance is awesome. If any of you are on the fence as to whether or not to get the rockers, do it!
    Hi Kendogg! What rear shock are you now using with your PUSH Rockers?

    Thanks!!!

    * Planning to also do the same upgrade in the future.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TNT-Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    418

    Rear Shock

    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    I've been running a Pike Dual Air for a while now. I'm not sure if the 130 would feel twitchy. It doesn't sound like much, but 140 made my stock spot wonder around a bit on technical climbs, so the opposite might hold true.
    Hi Kendogg! Just want to ask what rear shock are you now using with the PUSH Rockers?
    I have also plans of upgrading the same in the future.

    Thanks!!!

    * Hope you can share a picture of your bike with the new rockers.

  42. #42
    Dishwasher Safe
    Reputation: deadbolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,253
    Nice to see they corrected the obvious mistake by removing the bosses. Stacking seals AND putting a square seal against a radius is just bad form (and a piss-poor design). The original rockers should have never been sent out that way.

    The hokey installation of the first batch aside, they do work well and balance quite nicely with a 140mm fork.

  43. #43
    Dishwasher Safe
    Reputation: deadbolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,253
    Double Post.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kendogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT-Spot
    Hi Kendogg! What rear shock are you now using with your PUSH Rockers?

    Thanks!!!

    * Planning to also do the same upgrade in the future.
    I'm cheap.

    I really wanted the rp23, but couldn't pass up the rp3 for $127 on ebay. I got into this deal pretty cheaply all things considered. I'm hoping to make a lil bit of coin on my dhx-a soon. The Pushed RP3 is friggin fantastic. I've been making climbs like never before, and I don't notice any loss of plushness, but I seldom bottom out now.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    I've been making climbs like never before, and I don't notice any loss of plushness
    Overall, I think I've been most impressed at how much better the 'Spot climbs technical stuff with the PUSH rockers. Loose step ups, traversing ruts, water bars, etc., the rear stays hooked up and I have to do a lot less fore and aft shifting around to find the sweet spot. That was a benefit I didn't anticpate.


    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    but I seldom bottom out now.
    With ther 5.1 rockers I could seldom bottom the (stock) RP3. Now it bottoms almost as easily as a DHX-A.


  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    299
    Finally got around to fitting my new PUSH'd RP23 & rockers. Went on nice & easy, but...is everyone else having to fit the shock facing the same way as mine? I couldn't get clearance on the valve the other way around.




  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TNT-Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalhead
    Finally got around to fitting my new PUSH'd RP23 & rockers. Went on nice & easy, but...is everyone else having to fit the shock facing the same way as mine? I couldn't get clearance on the valve the other way around.



    Same question with Pedalhead! Is that the right way to fit it? Putting the Propedal Switch @ the back?

    Thanks!

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PUSHIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,961

    yup

    Yes, if you want to mount it right side up. Here's a link with the mounting pictures, page 2:

    http://www.pushindustries.com/media/...%20Rev%20A.pdf

    BTW, really like the look of that bike.

    Darren

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    299
    Thanks Darren, that's useful. Looks like I missed a bit..greasing the outside of the bushing faces. Strip & rebuild tomorrow then :-)

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TNT-Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    418

    Rocker Difference

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde S Dale
    JC, I hope at least part of this is what you were looking for. I measured from the center of the upper shock mount bolt to the center of seatstay pivot bolt:

    stock Turner 5.1: 8 1/2 in.
    PUSH: 9 3/8 in.

    The second photo lines up the ST pivot and the upper shock mount.

    The very bottom photo I snagged from a PUSH pdf file. The rockers that are shipping now ("bossless") no longer utilize a secondary set of seals.
    Hi! Just want to know what is the difference between the Rockers with BOSS Design & BOSSLESS Design.

    Any advantage on the new design?

    Thanks!!!

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10
    Am I the only 5Spot owner who still rocks the fully active Romic??
    Got the Push rockers to mate with a fox 140 Van ( The all sping setup helps with consistancy on the trail through the season changes) and I am very happy

    My spot's geometry is back in order and mated with the Romic, nearly bombproof.

    Climbing and whale spine riding is greatly improved (guessing to the corrected geometry), and drops are met with plushocity!!!!

    Need to do something about the front deraulier!!!! It was hitting before but now the problem is exacerbated by the additional travel. Going from a 22 ring grannie to a 24 has alloted me a whopping 3mm rise in the deraulier.

    Overall thanks Push for the new ride I'm very happy!!

    The Romic Lives!!!!!

    ARIV

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    How about running those bad boys with a stock DHX air.

    Isn't it tuneable enough to get a nice setting? Cause right now i can afford the orckers but not the Push RP23 to go with it.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by ARIV
    Am I the only 5Spot owner who still rocks the fully active Romic??
    Got the Push rockers to mate with a fox 140 Van ( The all sping setup helps with consistancy on the trail through the season changes) and I am very happy

    My spot's geometry is back in order and mated with the Romic, nearly bombproof.

    Climbing and whale spine riding is greatly improved (guessing to the corrected geometry), and drops are met with plushocity!!!!

    Need to do something about the front deraulier!!!! It was hitting before but now the problem is exacerbated by the additional travel. Going from a 22 ring grannie to a 24 has alloted me a whopping 3mm rise in the deraulier.

    Overall thanks Push for the new ride I'm very happy!!

    The Romic Lives!!!!!

    ARIV
    Generally, I run the Fox RP3 with the Push rockers, but broke out the trusty Romic for a trip to the Utah rock last fall. It rocked. I agree with your ride opinion. Once I installed the Push rockers, the Spot regained the magic ride it had lost a bit of when I went to the longer Van 140.

    Some of the more dedicated (obsessive?) Homers or Turner can help with the front derailer clearance issue. Their is a certain model that has better clearance than others. I think that CactusCorn might know exactly which one.
    Whining is not a strategy.

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    I think I must be one of the few people who doesn't like the restored geometry of the Five Spot with the PUSH rockers.

    I was running a Pike with the 5.1 rockers, and yes steep climbs could be bit of a challenge because the front had a tendency to wander, but I liked the slower steering on saddle down, steep descents on loose or rocky terrain. The bike just went where I looked, now steering seems to be more of a conscious process.

    I also find that the front wheel tends to get caught up on rocks on steep or chunky climbs when the fork is lowered to 110mm. I've started climbing chunky stuff with the fork fully extended.

    On balance the positives outweigh the negatives. The PUSH rockers are keepers. I'll just have to adjust to what I don't like about them on the 'Spot.


  55. #55
    Amphibious Technologies
    Reputation: SCUBAPRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde S Dale
    I was running a Pike with the 5.1 rockers, and yes steep climbs could be bit of a challenge because the front had a tendency to wander, but I liked the slower steering on saddle down, steep descents on loose or rocky terrain. The bike just went where I looked, now steering seems to be more of a conscious process.
    Hmm, sounds like you've outgrown your Spot and it's time to move on to an RFX.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    359
    are the rockers back in stock?

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    Hmm, sounds like you've outgrown your Spot and it's time to move on to an RFX.
    Two years raising my daughter has put a crimp in the finances, but next month I start working again. I hope there's an RFX in my future.


  58. #58
    aka Dick Dangle
    Reputation: it hurts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    196

    stock rp23

    I run my stock rp23 with my push rockers and the bike works great!plus with my sram x-gen front der I do not get that chainstay problem..

  59. #59
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    Here's a set of PUSH rockers....attached to a large Spot

    http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...t=2264&cat=500
    Nothing to see here.

  60. #60
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Here's a set of PUSH rockers....attached to a large Spot

    http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...t=2264&cat=500
    My god, his UGI/ADD knows no bounds.

  61. #61
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    My god, his UGI/ADD knows no bounds.
    None...none at all. To think ya'll thought appbling was bad.

    When will PUSH make Sultan Rockers for a longer stoke shock??
    Nothing to see here.

  62. #62
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    When will PUSH make Sultan Rockers for a longer stoke shock??
    SS, you could e-mail Darren and plant that idea in his head.
    ****

  63. #63
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,132
    Please do not distract Darren with stupid requests for crazy nonsense until after the next run of Spot Rockers is complete.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TNT-Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    418

    ROCKER Question

    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    Yes, if you want to mount it right side up. Here's a link with the mounting pictures, page 2:

    http://www.pushindustries.com/media/...%20Rev%20A.pdf

    BTW, really like the look of that bike.

    Darren
    I just want to ask what is the difference between the rockers with the BOSS Design and the New BOSSLESS Design.

    Thanks!


  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: miles e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    When will PUSH make Sultan Rockers for a longer stoke shock??
    I knew there was a reason I was still following this thread. What's Darren's addy?
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PUSHIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,961
    I just want to ask what is the difference between the rockers with the BOSS Design and the New BOSSLESS Design.

    Thanks!
    Manufacturing and assembly not function. With the boss design it was easier to control the high surface finish used for the mating surface of the bushings. With some research, we were able to get some specialty tooling which allowed us to machine the backsides with the appropriate finish and speed up manufacturing.

    Once bolted up, they function exactly the same.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clyde S Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT-Spot
    I just want to ask what is the difference between the rockers with the BOSS Design and the New BOSSLESS Design.
    See post 22 above for photos. A secondary set of seals was also eliminated with the bossless design.


  68. #68
    Do It Yourself
    Reputation: Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,721
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Here's a set of PUSH rockers....attached to a large Spot

    http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...t=2264&cat=500

    Holy crap!!! That thing is freakin' perfect. I would jump all over that but my wife would most certainly leave me.
    Long Live Long Rides

  69. #69
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,132

    Problem solved.

    So what you're saying is you'd get a new bike AND more time to ride it.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  70. #70
    Do It Yourself
    Reputation: Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    So what you're saying is you'd get a new bike AND more time to ride it.

    Not exactly. More like sitting in traction with broken legs. I just bought a new road bike last month and we are closing on our new house in March. So VERY LOW spousal approval factor for any extra bike stuff before she gets new furniture. Hell hath no fury...

    And see, here's the trouble. I couldn't just get the frame. With the PUSH links, I would definitely want to get the Pike to balance the travel. Then I need a new 20mm front wheel (it's a good thing those I9s were on 4.1 or I would have to get those too since they match all). I'm due to replace my bars so might as well upgrade to 31.8. So then I'll need a new stem. And at that point, hell, why not just build up a whole new bike? yada yada yada...I wake up from the coma three weeks later (if I'm lucky).

    Anyway, I'll just have to continue with my PUSH envy and ano blue UGI. I did forward the ad to my buddy who's trying to work a deal though.
    Long Live Long Rides

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TNT-Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    418

    Rockers

    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    Manufacturing and assembly not function. With the boss design it was easier to control the high surface finish used for the mating surface of the bushings. With some research, we were able to get some specialty tooling which allowed us to machine the backsides with the appropriate finish and speed up manufacturing.

    Once bolted up, they function exactly the same.
    Thanks for your reply. I just thought that those BOSS are for easier installation of the Mounting Pins and on the frames.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •