Thread: PUSH Rockers

mtbr member

PUSH Rockers

So what's the verdict on the PUSH 5Spot rockers? They sold out of 75 pairs in a matter of days, so some of you folks must have some time on them.

Is the extra travel noticeable? How much higher is your BB? Does it feel like a different bike as far as plushness goes? Anywhere near the cush of an RFX?

Thanks for any and all replies.
    TG

Arf, he said.
    All good questions TG. I await the flood of responses to help make up my mind.

Apparently, this 2nd production run will be the last for Push. With the new Turner 07 5.5" rockers coming out soon, Push is not looking to step on anybody's toes.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    So what's the verdict on the PUSH 5Spot rockers? They sold out of 75 pairs in a matter of days, so some of you folks must have some time on them.

Is the extra travel noticeable? How much higher is your BB? Does it feel like a different bike as far as plushness goes? Anywhere near the cush of an RFX?

Thanks for any and all replies.
    TG
    Stock rockers are for common folk.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Stock rockers are for common folk.
    Thank you for confirming that DB. As a commoner, I will therefore, stick with the stock "Rokers" (no, that's not a typo)
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member

Nobody???!!

Nobody has anything worth while to say about the new rockers?

I guess they must not be worth it, and everyone is bummed they spent $180- on a worthless "upgrade".

on a routine expedition
    Hey TG,

I'd like to be able to give you a worthwhile response regarding the Push rockers, but I changed a number of things at once (rear shock, rockers, and fork), so it is hard for me to discern the specific effect of the new rockers. I can say I really dig the feel of the rear suspension with the Push rockers and Push'd DHXc, and the Lyrik has really balanced out the front and back nicely. It's the most balanced and stable set up I've had, and has cured me from lusting after a 07 RFX.

I don't really think it was worth the $$$ to go through all the variations I've tried (6Pack, 5Pack, 5Pack w/Push rockers, Avy, CCDB, etc.). I think I'd be just as happy with the stock 6pack with the Push'd DHXc and Lyric. I got caught up in tinkering, and it was fun, but I wish I had spent the money on a trip to ride somewhere amazing with my GF.
    Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 11-08-2006 at 03:02 PM.

Knomer
    Nobody has anything worth while to say about the new rockers?

I guess they must not be worth it, and everyone is bummed they spent $180- on a worthless "upgrade".

The yfeel good. I can feel a *slight* increase in travel, but the tracking feels about the same. Buy them for the looks, and so you can make separatist comments on message boards.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    On a 04 Spot (was 5.1") with a Pushed RP3 the change has been very noticable,.
    I have found that it rides similar to the 07 bike I have ridden, and certainly feel's like it has more travel, don't forget you get double seal's at the pivot's and new top shock bushing and a 0 ring seal system for the top of the shock.
    Very happy with it, and no tyre clearance issues as well (819's Maxxis 2.2's)

Bonus
    Stay off the brakes

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I think the lack of responses is because there was a huge thread on this just awhile ago. Here's my quick review:

1. Quality product, ez install, good directions. Really cool box, to boot.

2. I went from 5.1 to 5.7. Quite noticeable in terms of plushness, with my stock RP3. Also feels fine with the old, trusty Romic.

3. Only a little annoying to reach behind the rockers to move the Pro Pedal lever. Apparently, Fox has a air valve coming that will allow the shock to be mounted with the lever forward. I assume that Darren will be sending one to everyone who bought the Push rockers!

4. The biggest improvement for me is the loss of the chopper feeling, and the return of the snappy feel of the 5 Spot. I had gone to the 140 mm Fox fork, and it was just too darn tall, definitely to the point of feeling like my RFX. I love having the old geometry back for all riding, but especially for climbing (I hate to fuss around with forks that go up and down).

5. Having just returned from a Moab/Fruita/GJ trip, I realize that I really liked the higher bb in that environment. Lots less pedal and big ring bashing!

6. The only downside is that after removing the upper shock mount to reach the pivot zerk, it is pretty tough to get the upper mount back between the rockers because of the seals used between the new shock mount and the rockers. I've just removed those little seals, with no apparent ill effects.

I'd buy 'em again.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Stock shocks

Kosmo,

Does your stock RP3 have the lowest factory settings for platform (e.g. the ones supplied OEM from Turner)?

Also, when you mount to Romic, do you need swap bushings/spacers on the top eyelet to get it to fit?

Thanks

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    [QUOTE=kosmo]I think the lack of responses is because there was a huge thread on this just awhile ago. Here's my quick review:

Mine 12,000 miles from it's factory the rockers are installed on 2004.5 (the 1st batch of anodised)Small 5Spot.
    Initially I didn't bother with the adding travel, it is the improvement on stock RP3 performance I look for since I only 140 lbs geared up. With original rockers, the rebound felt too slow and the shock ramping up too fast (hence less usable travel). I can feel more linear mid stroke with PUSH rocker and with some air pressure adjustment I can really use more than 95% of the travel on my normal riding (I'm a girly rider)
    One thing, PUSH recommended air pressure is a bit way up for me. I put 20 lbs less than my riding weight for my riding style and trail.
    I really want to PUSH my RP3 but my location some kind of hassle to send it back and forth. I m happy with current set up.
    The rest I agree with kosmo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsF
    Kosmo,

Does your stock RP3 have the lowest factory settings for platform (e.g. the ones supplied OEM from Turner)?

Also, when you mount to Romic, do you need swap bushings/spacers on the top eyelet to get it to fit?

Thanks
    Yes, my RP3 is the OEM version from Turner, so I suppose it has the lowest platform settings.

The Romic is my road trip spare shock (and main shock on rock riding trips), so I went ahead and got another top bushing/spacer setup from Push and put it on. It seemed like it would be a pain to switch things over in that regard, and it's really simple now.

Hope that helps.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    6. The only downside is that after removing the upper shock mount to reach the pivot zerk, it is pretty tough to get the upper mount back between the rockers because of the seals used between the new shock mount and the rockers. I've just removed those little seals, with no apparent ill effects.
    You need to slightly loosen the main pivot bolts and the shock(and o-rings) will slide right in.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    You need to slightly loosen the main pivot bolts and the shock(and o-rings) will slide right in.
    True, but I don't want to bother with re-loctiting those pivot bolts every time I lube the pivot. I've been running w/o that extra seal at the shock top/rocker interface for a while now -- including a desert trip -- and have concluded that they are overkill.

But then, I don't have your flair for river crossings!

(sorry, had to )