mtbr member

Push Rocker Question.

I've been debating either getting the push rockers, or the 07 Turner ones. I'm running a pike, and would like to raise the back end a bit. It sounds like I'd have to get an entire 07 rear-end to do this, which won't be cheap.
    I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck running the rockers with the DHX-A, since almost all of the posts I see are with the rp3/23. I'd really like to avoid spending another 500 bones for a new shock. Though I might be able to get a used one if I watch.
    I'm just hoping I might be able to dial in the DHX. I've seen that I might need the RP can, but still haven't read any results of such use.

Thanks Guys.

Knomer
    C'mon man, you've worked hard all year, you DESERVE a new shock. Besides, I think Push will cut you a package deal on a rocker/shock combo. I even think they are blowing out last year's rp3's.

Seriously tho, after riding a dhx-a for a few months then moving to an rp23, the ability to turn the propedal all the way OFF truly transforms the bike on the downs.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    I've been debating either getting the push rockers, or the 07 Turner ones. I'm running a pike, and would like to raise the back end a bit. It sounds like I'd have to get an entire 07 rear-end to do this, which won't be cheap.
    I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck running the rockers with the DHX-A, since almost all of the posts I see are with the rp3/23. I'd really like to avoid spending another 500 bones for a new shock. Though I might be able to get a used one if I watch.
    I'm just hoping I might be able to dial in the DHX. I've seen that I might need the RP can, but still haven't read any results of such use.

Thanks Guys.
    I'm interested in this same issue. I already have an RP3 and a DHX-A so I can swap cans or send the RP3 to PUSH. Ideally. I'd like to run the DHX-A.

The instances of people running PUSH rockers with the DHX-A were not good, as I recall. Here's a link to one of the instances I can remember.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Thanks Guys.
    I'm confused. You would need an entire rear end to just to run the push rockers, or to run the push rockers AND raise the rear end? My assumption was that the Push rockers simply allowed for more travel using the stock shock length (like SGF did with Giant's NRS). Am I wrong?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker
    I'm confused. You would need an entire rear end to just to run the push rockers, or to run the push rockers AND raise the rear end? My assumption was that the Push rockers simply allowed for more travel using the stock shock length (like SGF did with Giant's NRS). Am I wrong?
    I think you're correct. I think the bb also gets raised a 1/2 inch.

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde S Dale
    I think you're correct. I think the bb also gets raised a 1/2 inch.
    This will be offset some by the additional sag.

You don't need a new rear end and you can run it with the DHX-A (many are running them with Romics). I think the bigger issue will be how much do you weigh; if your well over 200, the DHX-a doesn't seem to perform that well, particularly as the leverage increases. The Push rockers are getting close to the 6 pack rockers and the big guys didn't care for that with the DHXa much.

fried stuff with cheese
    The Turner rockers will give you a little more stiffness and a little more travel. That's it.
    It does nothing to geometry, assuming you are running stock stays.
    I'm unclear on this but I believe it will actually lower your bb just a bit as well. Someone chime in an correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    The Push rockers will give you maybe some increase in stiffness(??), It will raise the bb a bit, and change the stock geometry.
    Personally I like the look of the 07 Turner rockers better, but for what I wanted to accomplish I went with Push. Now if they were only ready to ship....
    Egg

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotiki
    The Turner rockers will give you a little more stiffness and a little more travel. That's it.
    It does nothing to geometry, assuming you are running stock stays.
    I'm unclear on this but I believe it will actually lower your bb just a bit as well. Someone chime in an correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    The Push rockers will give you maybe some increase in stiffness(??), It will raise the bb a bit, and change the stock geometry.
    Personally I like the look of the 07 Turner rockers better, but for what I wanted to accomplish I went with Push. Now if they were only ready to ship....

# Produces 5.75" of rear wheel travel
    # Increases bottom bracket by 0.5" (12.7mm)
    # Optimized suspension leverage curve to maximize plushness without sacrificing big hit control
    # Hardcoat plated
    # Polished bushing surfaces to reduce friction

Geo on Spot, except BB height, unchanged with a 518mm A-C fork (i.e. Pike).
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker
    My bad.
    You're right about the push rockers. I meant witht the turner rockers. In order to achieve balance with my Pike like the new 07's I'd have to get a new rear. The Turner rockers with my old rear will not raise the bike up. Only give more travel on the bottom end.

mtbr member
    My bad.
    You're right about the push rockers. I meant witht the turner rockers. In order to achieve balance with my Pike like the new 07's I'd have to get a new rear. The Turner rockers with my old rear will not raise the bike up. Only give more travel on the bottom end.
    Hate to post w/out exact facts here, but from memory my 07 turner rockers raised my b.b. .2". Running an 07talas rlc & the balance of the bike feels great. I'm running the rp23 now(which I prefer) but have run the dhx air also. No need for 07 rear end. Loving the current set up!