mtbr member
    Jan 2004

PUSH and Rock Shox...

Well it's been some time since I've posted here but I need a bit of help from the homers

Besides where else could I go to find the low down on PUSH tuned RS forks?

The deal is I need a fork to suit my spankin' new '08 Flux, and a lot more bits before it's built and pictures are shown but I'll get some pics of the frame later to keep the homers happy. The deal is I can buy new RS forks with the PUSH factory fork system installed for not much more than the price most places sell the stock RS forks.

So what's the deal with the PUSH internals on the short travel RS forks?
    I'm thinking Reba Race 100mm, Rev 426 Air U turn or possibly the lighter Rev dual air which is the cheapest PUSH option.

The other forks in the mix are new '08 SID 100 cheaper than the PUSH versions by $100-150 but no option yet for PUSH tuning. '08 zocchi XC 700 SL 100-140 - similar cost to the SID - but not sure how reliable or weighty these really are? The final option is the Fox F100 RLC - which I can get for a similar price to the PUSH RS - but I know that Fox have issues with stanchions not lasting in wet UK conditions and they seem to develop creaks and movement in the crown?

Help please
    "We're here for a good time not a long time"
    Colin McRae 1968-2007

Silence and Thunder...
    Reba.
    The ride will still be sweeet long after you've re-earned the $$...
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member

revelation

I love my 426 dual air u-turn (white) on my 04 Burner. The adjustable travel from 100-130mm is a great feature. I run mine at 115mm most of the time and seems to perform the best on my local trails. The motion control is a nice feature on these forks (fox's is similar) which enables you to set threshold or lockout blowoff. If you buy a fox fork and rebuild it at push, Ive heard they replace the seals with the rock shox seals. Plus, RS forks are cheaper. You could drop the dough and buy the new $1200 Dt swiss fork.

mtbr member
    What I wanna know is when are they gonna start servicing Totems?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    the DT forks aka Pace have jumped up by a huge amount ~50% this year due to exchange rate changes and they were always a hit and miss affair with performance and reliability. Hopefully with the price hike and shift of manufacturing to Switzerland they will prove to be more reliable...

As for the costs here is a run down:

Fox F100 RLC 399
    32mm SID Race 350
    PUSH Reba Race DA 380
    PUSH Reba Team U turn 510
    PUSH Rev air U turn 430
    XC 700SL 350
    STD Rev air U turn 340
    STD Reba Race DA 250

I'd like to keep the weight down with this build which makes the new 32mm SID appealing as it's only 3.2lb about half the homers favourite 66SL weight
    but with all of them 4lb or less it's not going to turn the Flux into a tank whichever one I choose...
    "We're here for a good time not a long time"
    Colin McRae 1968-2007