Thread: Proto-Homers

Bite Me.

Proto-Homers

Not to be too proud of a Dad, but I am. It's never too early to start the next generation on Homer cult training. I took the kids for their first real technical challenge on Prime Cut then up Chutes and Ladders and down the Serengetti last weekend (all great rides north of Fruita). No blood, a little sweat and a few tears, but we all made it back to camp in one piece. If only Dave made an xxxx-s Burner. Note the Turner logo on the race jerseys. This is what it's all about people.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

not so super...
    Very cool Cutthroat!! Raise 'em right.

I tried to get my 3yr old some gloves at Target last week but he only wanted the ones with the Fox on them like his brother's!! They're both on Haro 16" BMXers right now but I can't wait until they take over that XS XCE that I got for the Wife!!!!
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    If only Dave made an xxxx-s Burner.
    Awesome! My oldest, soon to be eight, occasionally rides with me on less technical trails and my five year old just dropped the training wheels, and will soon be tagging along. Cutthroat, I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but DT does make an XXS Flux, and built up with 24" wheels your kids could be on one in no time. Screw the college fund! Buy Turners!

No, that's not phonetic
    Very cool pic. When I was a kid I stood INSIDE the front triangle of a road bike to pedal around. Maybe you need a few sasquatch Spots rather than xxxxs frames.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    DT does make an XXS Flux, and built up with 24" wheels your kids could be on one in no time. Screw the college fund! Buy Turners!
    Let's see, that's only about $5,000 or so. Sure! Why not?! All in due time.

My neighbor Scott rode his trusty Specialized Rock Hopper in the beautiful matte gray primer all the way up Prime Cut, towing the littlest Homer-ette before bailing out at the Chutes and Ladders trail junction. I wonder why? I thank God every day that the days of pulling the tag-along are finally over.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    very cool! i loved the rides i took with my son or other pals and their kids. nuthin better. so whats the story behind the jerseys? better shots are needed. great pics, even better smiles. thanx for sharein those.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    very cool! i loved the rides i took with my son or other pals and their kids. nuthin better. so whats the story behind the jerseys? better shots are needed. great pics, even better smiles. thanx for sharein those.
    The jerseys were custom made for my local race team - Team ZL. A few of us are on Turners so Dave said it was fine to use the Turner logo. He even offered a team discount on frames. For our first year in the Summit Mountain Challenge series we took fourth overall - we lost two of our star riders to injuries mid-season so we were pretty happy. My kids pilfered the jerseys out of the team supply and refused to give them back!

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    As a guy who does rides with his kid I gotta say that you have me beat at this point by one! Great picture, it looks like y'all had a great time.

Yeah Dave. Maybe not a full Burner. How about a pilot light
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

mtbr member
    Top work your kids bikes look well setup. My Kids are 4 and 3, and they did their first dropoff at 1.5 years of age on a plastic tricycle (which now has broken handlebars). Cant wait till they can get out and do longer rides. Our Burners are very similar BTW, but do you have your front tire running the wrong way?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocker
    How about a pilot light
    pilot light! damn thats funny! too bad treks already usein pilot as a bike name. you tryin to get turner in more patent trouble there buddy??? hehehe
    No, I'm NOT back!

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MWWH
    Our Burners are very similar BTW, but do you have your front tire running the wrong way?
    I don't think so - those tires are Moto Raptor 2.4s and they have one rotational direction front and rear. I was just experimenting with some big tread to see how it altered the ride. After that trip I took them off, they were plenty cushy on the ledges and drops, but they were pretty slow rolling and HEAVY. I've gone back to my Specialized Enduro Pro 2.2s and the Raptors are now on my singlespeed running about 32lbs pressure for winter snow riding.