Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Props to Turner! Unbelievable customer service

I broke my 2010 Turner 5 Spot at the bottom bracket down tube junction. Snapped it in half!

Cycle Path in Portland, Oregon sent it in for me. Great shop! Six weeks later or so my frame came back. Turner redesigned the frame's BB/down tube junction with other upgrades to the frame: New hardware, taco was welded stronger, etc. They essentially hardened the frame. New pivots also.

I will take a picture once it is back together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Props to Turner!  Unbelievable customer service-turner.jpg  

Last edited by Jaybo; 03-18-2013 at 01:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That's great to hear! Great job to DT and folks!

Not that I'm looking forward to breaking my frame, but it's good to know that they take care of their customers.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    This is what the bike used to look like. Amazing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Props to Turner!  Unbelievable customer service-abbyturner.gif  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It is difficult to find any better customer service out there. Great support.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Don't forget the part where you bought it used for $1000.00 on eBay....

Makes the story even better.

Bob

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN View Post
    Don't forget the part where you bought it used for $1000.00 on eBay....

Makes the story even better.

Bob

WOW!!!! Props to Turner!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I told them and they didn't care. I would have understood if they told me tough luck. At some point Turner is not responsible for a broken frame. I hear guys who think they are entitled a new frame after owning a frame for five years or more. I thought Turner would charge me $400 or so to fix it. I would have happily paid it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Just saw a 5-spot on the trail today and every time I see a Turner I always drool a little. Great company and is anyone else looking forward to what they come out with in the next couple years? I'm sure Dave has some stuff up his sleeve (i.e., carbon) that will blow people's minds. I would love to see Turner and/or Ventana come out with something really, really cool and innovative. Perhaps Sea Otter?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Once I start my own company to manufacture carbon frames in the U.S., game over

mtbr member
    Sweet!
    Looking forward to breaking my Turner too :-D
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

GAME ON!
    i can't wait to break my 5 spot
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Huh? Can't wait until you break a frame? What?

I always hope to not have to use Turner CS, but it is comforting to know that it is there for me...

Bob

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN View Post
    Huh? Can't wait until you break a frame? What?

I always hope to not have to use Turner CS, but it is comforting to know that it is there for me...

Bob
    then i can has new paint
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Work Shed...
    I ting ting'd my 2010 with a ball peen to fit a CCDBA in there... Been afraid to ask about warranty/repair heh
    It's not hip hop, it's electro.....

mtbr member
    It's comforting to know that. I just bought a blue 2010 Turner 5 Spot off ebay. The thing has never been ridden off road. I feel like I'm adopting a neglected puppy.
    I like to ride bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I can't say I've had the same type of experience. I used to have a flux and the rockers broke. At the time there were 2 year old bikes out there running the same rockers but none were available. I took months for Greg to get around to telling me that none ever would be. But that was Ok because when they did get around to that they gave me a deal on a sultan frame. Really enjoy the bike but it got loose in the back early on. I beleive a bushing bore in the front triangle was oversize and is now ovalized. Maybe I'm a clod and didn't maintain correctly but I did follow Turners instructions so I don't think that's the case. I've got it bubblegummed but am not happy with the fix. Definitely got the feeling Greg was just waiting for me to give up and go away. Which I guess I have at this point. Glad your all having good luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Turner 4149 View Post
    I can't say I've had the same type of experience. I used to have a flux and the rockers broke. At the time there were 2 year old bikes out there running the same rockers but none were available. I took months for Greg to get around to telling me that none ever would be. But that was Ok because when they did get around to that they gave me a deal on a sultan frame. Really enjoy the bike but it got loose in the back early on. I beleive a bushing bore in the front triangle was oversize and is now ovalized. Maybe I'm a clod and didn't maintain correctly but I did follow Turners instructions so I don't think that's the case. I've got it bubblegummed but am not happy with the fix. Definitely got the feeling Greg was just waiting for me to give up and go away. Which I guess I have at this point. Glad your all having good luck.
    I don't know how many people Turner employs but I believe it is less than some bike shops ... because of this, you might have to have a little patience.

I am glad to hear about their customer service; I feel more comfortable about riding my "dated" DW-link Flux until I can get the new one.
    Last edited by FireLikeIYA; 07-05-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    [QUOTE=FireLikeIYA;10513103]I don't know how many people Turner employs but I believe it is less than some bike shops ... because of this, you might have to have a little patience.

Hey I'm with you FireLikeIYA. My grandma said patience is a virtue but I first contacted Greg at Turner last year. haven't heard from them in months after a "let me check on that" followed by several messages left by me.