• 03-17-2013
    Jaybo
    1 Attachment(s)
    Props to Turner! Unbelievable customer service
    I broke my 2010 Turner 5 Spot at the bottom bracket down tube junction. Snapped it in half!

    Cycle Path in Portland, Oregon sent it in for me. Great shop! Six weeks later or so my frame came back. Turner redesigned the frame's BB/down tube junction with other upgrades to the frame: New hardware, taco was welded stronger, etc. They essentially hardened the frame. New pivots also.

    I will take a picture once it is back together.
  • 03-17-2013
    mikkosan
    That's great to hear! Great job to DT and folks!

    Not that I'm looking forward to breaking my frame, but it's good to know that they take care of their customers.

    :thumbsup:
  • 03-18-2013
    Jaybo
    1 Attachment(s)
    This is what the bike used to look like. Amazing
  • 03-18-2013
    etanc
    It is difficult to find any better customer service out there. Great support.
  • 03-18-2013
    bobo_krkk_NIN
    Don't forget the part where you bought it used for $1000.00 on eBay....

    Makes the story even better.

    Bob
  • 03-19-2013
    Vespasianus
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN View Post
    Don't forget the part where you bought it used for $1000.00 on eBay....

    Makes the story even better.

    Bob


    WOW!!!! Props to Turner!
  • 03-19-2013
    Jaybo
    I told them and they didn't care. I would have understood if they told me tough luck. At some point Turner is not responsible for a broken frame. I hear guys who think they are entitled a new frame after owning a frame for five years or more. I thought Turner would charge me $400 or so to fix it. I would have happily paid it.
  • 03-19-2013
    Phatass
    Just saw a 5-spot on the trail today and every time I see a Turner I always drool a little. Great company and is anyone else looking forward to what they come out with in the next couple years? I'm sure Dave has some stuff up his sleeve (i.e., carbon) that will blow people's minds. I would love to see Turner and/or Ventana come out with something really, really cool and innovative. Perhaps Sea Otter?
  • 03-19-2013
    Phatass
    Once I start my own company to manufacture carbon frames in the U.S., game over :)
  • 03-19-2013
    Bullit_cn
    Sweet!
    Looking forward to breaking my Turner too :-D
  • 03-21-2013
    saturnine
    i can't wait to break my 5 spot
  • 03-22-2013
    bobo_krkk_NIN
    Huh? Can't wait until you break a frame? What?

    I always hope to not have to use Turner CS, but it is comforting to know that it is there for me...

    Bob
  • 03-22-2013
    saturnine
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN View Post
    Huh? Can't wait until you break a frame? What?

    I always hope to not have to use Turner CS, but it is comforting to know that it is there for me...

    Bob

    then i can has new paint
  • 03-26-2013
    Rootberry
    I ting ting'd my 2010 with a ball peen to fit a CCDBA in there... Been afraid to ask about warranty/repair heh
  • 03-29-2013
    otis24
    It's comforting to know that. I just bought a blue 2010 Turner 5 Spot off ebay. The thing has never been ridden off road. I feel like I'm adopting a neglected puppy.
  • 07-04-2013
    Turner 4149
    I can't say I've had the same type of experience. I used to have a flux and the rockers broke. At the time there were 2 year old bikes out there running the same rockers but none were available. I took months for Greg to get around to telling me that none ever would be. But that was Ok because when they did get around to that they gave me a deal on a sultan frame. Really enjoy the bike but it got loose in the back early on. I beleive a bushing bore in the front triangle was oversize and is now ovalized. Maybe I'm a clod and didn't maintain correctly but I did follow Turners instructions so I don't think that's the case. I've got it bubblegummed but am not happy with the fix. Definitely got the feeling Greg was just waiting for me to give up and go away. Which I guess I have at this point. Glad your all having good luck.
  • 07-05-2013
    FireLikeIYA
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Turner 4149 View Post
    I can't say I've had the same type of experience. I used to have a flux and the rockers broke. At the time there were 2 year old bikes out there running the same rockers but none were available. I took months for Greg to get around to telling me that none ever would be. But that was Ok because when they did get around to that they gave me a deal on a sultan frame. Really enjoy the bike but it got loose in the back early on. I beleive a bushing bore in the front triangle was oversize and is now ovalized. Maybe I'm a clod and didn't maintain correctly but I did follow Turners instructions so I don't think that's the case. I've got it bubblegummed but am not happy with the fix. Definitely got the feeling Greg was just waiting for me to give up and go away. Which I guess I have at this point. Glad your all having good luck.

    I don't know how many people Turner employs but I believe it is less than some bike shops ... because of this, you might have to have a little patience.

    I am glad to hear about their customer service; I feel more comfortable about riding my "dated" DW-link Flux until I can get the new one.
  • 07-05-2013
    Turner 4149
    [QUOTE=FireLikeIYA;10513103]I don't know how many people Turner employs but I believe it is less than some bike shops ... because of this, you might have to have a little patience.

    Hey I'm with you FireLikeIYA. My grandma said patience is a virtue but I first contacted Greg at Turner last year. haven't heard from them in months after a "let me check on that" followed by several messages left by me.