mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Proper Torque Specs for 5 Spot?

Hey All! I really need your help regarding proper torque specs for the 5 Spot and suggestions for the best Torque Wrench for the job.

The Turner Website indicates 23 nm for the Main Pivots but I'm unsure about the other pivots. I believe Turner indicates 9 nm for the rest but some time ago on the forum I read 4.3 nm for the HL Pivots and 5.6 nm for the shock pivot based on a Burner illustration? Any idea(s) about the precise torque and the best Torgue Wrench? Thanks for your time!

No, that's not phonetic
    Click the link in my signature.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks for clearing that up for me! Any suggestions for the best clicker type torque wrench that measures precisely for the HL and shock bolts? Thanks!

No, that's not phonetic
    I have a Stanley or Craftsman or something I got at TruValue hardware. It covers the range of bike stuff fine like Thomson stems, the pinch bolts on Shimano HTII cranks, Turner pivots, etc. It has newton-meter and foot-pound scales, so it is pretty useful. It cost about $60 I think. It was a while ago. I just snug the HL bolts. I don't measure the torq. Same with the shock bolts.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.